FW Storing Restrictions

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

MEWH wrote:You do not receive marshalling points for cards stored at non-Wizardhaven sites.
I'm assuming this refers to cards like Book of Mazarbul or Earth of Galadriel's Orchard, which (unless you're Gandalf) must be stored at non- [-me_ha-] sites.

I assume it also applies to something like Rescue Prisoners if stored in an improper location.

The questions are as follows:

1) Does this rule examine site type *when stored* or is it constantly checking? If a company leaves a Hidden Haven site, will all MPs from items stored there vanish when Hidden Haven is discarded? What about Isengard, where multiple versions of the site card exist? When none are in play, is it still considered a Wizardhaven? (I lean toward simply checking site type when stored, as it requires less bookkeeping.)

2) Would a card like Messenger of Mordor, which allows storing of cards which must be stored at a haven at sites that are not havens, cause those cards to be considered as stored at a haven?
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Bandobras Took wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 am I'm assuming this refers to cards like Book of Mazarbul or Earth of Galadriel's Orchard, which (unless you're Gandalf) must be stored at non- sites.
Unless Bag End or some Dwarf-hold is Wizardhaven. New Moon/News of the Shire/King under the Mountain and then Mischief in a Mean Way may reconcile Bag End and Wizardhaven, Dwarf-hold and Wizardhaven.

Bandobras Took wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 am Does this rule examine site type *when stored* or is it constantly checking?
The problem exists also for hero player. If a site at which Dragon at Home has been defeated leaves active play, the site is not affected by King under the Mountain. If King under the Mountain leaves active play the site is not affected too.
Bandobras Took wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 am What about Isengard, where multiple versions of the site card exist?
There is a proposal of regulation, still maintained by author.
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=3633

I do not think that Messenger of Mordor causes storing of resources at any site. As I do not think that Hour of Need causes playing of faction at any site. I do not see any indications for that in texts of the cards.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:59 am 2.
I do not think that Messenger of Mordor causes storing of resources at any site. As I do not think that Hour of Need causes playing of faction at any site. I do not see any indications for that in texts of the cards.
Ouch. That's also a possible interpretation.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Assuming that Orcs and Trolls under control of FW player are minions (an not only non-hero) there may be funny situation when Fealty Under Trial is played on such Orc/Troll at Barad-dûr.
Against the Shadow: Fealty Under Trial
Rarity: Common, Precise: C2

Hazard: Short-event

Playable on a minion in a [-me_dha-] or Barad-dûr. Make a roll (draw a #) adding the Marshaling points (as though they were stored) and corruption points of all items and events played with target minion. All items and storable events played with target minion are then automatically stored (no corruption checks are made). Then, if the result was greater than 15, discard the minion (and all other cards played with him).
Are the items and events considered stored at minion's current site? Or nowhere?

If target is minion under control of minion player, which of events are considered storable?
News of the Shire may be stored only at Barad-dûr. Is it considered storable for purpose of interpreting of Fealty Under Trial if target minion is not at Barad-dûr?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:59 am 2.
I have found an indication that resources stored in result of Messenger of Mordor are stored as though they were stored at [-me_dha-].

The Lidless Eye: Messenger of Mordor
Rarity: Rare, Precise: R

Resource: Short-event

Magic. Spirit-magic. Playable on a spirit-magic using character at a [-me_dha-] , [-me_sh-] , or [-me_dh-] . Any items and resource events with his company that can be stored at a [-me_dha-] may now be so stored. Unless he is a Ringwraith, character makes a corruption check modified by -4.

Underline mine.

EDIT: "makes a modified" -> "makes a corruption check modified" in quotation.
Manuel
Council Chairman

Not sure if this has been pointed out already but:
You may not include any of the following cards: The Balrog, Cracks of Doom, Favor of the Valar, Gollum’s Fate, Hour of Need, Kill All But Not the Halflings, The Lidless Eye, The Sun Unveiled, Glamour of Surpassing Excellence, Messenger of Mordor, News Must Get Through, News of the Shire, Old Road, The Windlord Found Me, Wizard Uncloaked, Use Your Legs
These two cards cannot be included in a FW deck.
www.meccg.com
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

There is also so-called FW after conversion.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

maybe go into DC format then Konrad, where conversion is a real in game thing, and stop pestering with potential 1:1000 might happen ideas ;)
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

If some day I will decide to satisfy you.

Currently I am more interested with investigating of problems/situations that have not been investigated/were little investigated before.
Maybe some of them or similar appeared or will appear in real game.
And, for anyone interested, it is better to know how to handle some situation if it will appear in game, that do not know how to handle it.
If some elements of such situations may be leveraged by player but it is not know, how to handle such situation, it is less likely that such situation will be arranged deliberately. Everybody avoids some situation just because no one knows what to do in such situation. And then a frequency of such situation is 1:1000 or less.
Any DC, expansion, variant of game if it is sufficiently compatible with mainline rules may benefit from such investigations.

EDIT: "any interested" -> "anyone interested"
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:59 am (I lean toward simply checking site type when stored, as it requires less bookkeeping.)
All cards that give some MPs only if stored, or only if stored at given site, say "if stored" or "until [...] is stored", not "if is stored".

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”