[MISTAKE] Curiosity: Killed by Abductor

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

And what about minion Weathertop with Hold Rebuilt and Repaired and Double Dealing?
Can Quiet Lands be played on the site? If so, does it affect the site?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

That's a question about Double-dealing. And it requires understanding that Double-dealing is referencing the MEWH rules, and which one.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:24 am That's a question about Double-dealing. And it requires understanding that Double-dealing is referencing the MEWH rules, and which one.
Worthy substitute for YES/NO.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

This tread has changed its topic from possibility of being eliminated by Abductor to interaction between Balrog of Moria, Lórien, New Moon.
OK.

Some toughs and ideas about similar interaction. Hero Minas Tirith, The White Tree, Nature's Revenge.

"Minas Tirith becomes a [-me_ha-] for the purposes of healing and playing hazards."

On version of Minas Tirith in play is a hero site.
Other version of Minas Tirith is unprotected Wizardhaven, Anorien is treated as/becomed [-me_wi-] region. And Nature's Revenge has been played on the other version. Both versions become [-me_rl-] for unrestricted purposes.

Does it mean that the hero version is no longer [-me_ha-] for the purposes of healing?
If no, then why it is not still [-me_ha-] for the purposes of playing hazards?

If in scenario there would be only hero Minas Tirith and The White Tree, Minas Tirith would be [-me_fh-] for unrestricted purposes and it would be [-me_ha-] for the purposes of healing and playing hazards.

If becoming [-me_ha-] for the purposes playing hazards has to have practical meaning then Minas Tirith should no be be both [-me_fh-] and [-me_ha-] for the purposes of playing hazards. E.g. Pick-pocket should not be played keyed at hero version of Minas Tirith. Mere changing of site type does not remove abilities given by The White Tree.

Returning to Balrog of Moria, Lórien, New Moon (2nd effect). I think that thanks to additional effect of Balrog of Moria New Moon may be played on Lórien and has its effect but later Abductor may not be played at Lórien. Lórien is considered a [-me_fh-] (for the purposes of healing and playing hazards). Abductor may not be played keyed to [-me_fh-].
It could be played keyed to Lórien if meantime (after playing New Moon for 2nd effect) Balrog of Moria would be discarded, Galadriel would leave play or would appeared at Lórien. The effect of Balrog of Moria (required for New Moon) would disappear, but effect of New Moon would not (until end of turn).

Similarly FW player could play Mischief in a Mean Way on Lórien under effect of New Moon but standard healing effects of Wizardhaven would be superseded by effect of Balrog of Moria. Pick-pocket could be played against a company at this site.

P.S.
Thanks for CDavis7M for not giving up in the question even if our conclusions may be different.
CDavis7M

I don't know if I follow the new example but I thought about this again and arrived at my same conclusion: there is a difference between the play of a hazard (for which Minas Tirith with White Tree counts as a Haven) and the effects of a hazard (for which Minas Tirith with White Tree is just a Free-hold as usual).

I did a quick check and it seems like this issue doesn't really come up beyond what is discussed here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:32 pm I did a quick check and it seems like this issue doesn't really come up beyond what is discussed here.
Maybe except for fallen Gandalf, Mallorn and Bag End. Bag End under effect of Mallorn is not [-me_fh-] for purpose of bringing characters into play.
Or for fallen Alatar and the rest (if Bag End is currently [-me_rl-] in [-me_wi-]).
Or for some Orc/Troll characters and the rest (if Bag End is currently [-me_dh-]). Hypothetically.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”