Here, There, or Yonder on FW Radagast

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Here, There, or Yonder states (underlines by me):
Tap a character during his site phase at a tapped or untapped Ruins & Lairs [R]. Make a roll (or draw a #) modified by +3 if the character is a diplomat. An ally may be played and placed under the character's control if the result is greater than 6 plus the ally's mind stat and the ally is not restricted from moving in this site's region. If an ally is played, tap the site if it is not already tapped.

Fallen Radagast has the following:
Hero allies Radagast controls have no movement restrictions.
I need confirmation if my assumption is right:
Although Radagast could control Tom Bombadil and move with him e.g. in dragon country, he may not play him with Here, There, or Yonder (HToY) at a site in dragon country. This is because HToY has as a playability condition for the ally that it must be allowed to move (to a site) in HToY's site's region (the text on HToY is wrong by the way because literally no ally is restricted from moving in any regions but from moving to sites in specific regions). Radagast's card text would only apply to the ally after it was played through HToY. Therefore there is no hope for Radagast to play Tom in dragon country, right?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Yes.
Until under control of FW Radagast the hero allies have their normal movement restrictions .
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Alright, thank you.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

CDavis7M

I agree. Tom Bombadil can't be played in dragon country using Here, There, or Yonder.

Tom Bombadil is restricted from moving to sites outside of Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur, or The Shire. When Fallen Radagast is at The Lonely Mountain in Northern Rhovanion and Tom Bombadil in your hand, Tom Bombadil is still restricted from moving in The Lonely Mountain's region of Northern Rhovanion (restricted in that Tom Bombadil is discarded if his company moves to a site in Northern Rhovanion) until he is under Radagast's control, which is not until after the condition of Here, There, or Yonder (the ally is not restricted from moving in this site's region) must be met.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”