Fallen-Wizard free minor items

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Bob654

From MEWH Rules
PLAYING RESOURCES AT A SITE
In order to play a non-Fallen-wizard resource that would normally tap a site, either the site and the resource
to be played must both be hero cards or they must both be minion cards. For these purposes, a Fallenwizard site card (or any Wizardhaven) is both a hero and minion site. This applies to all factions, allies,
and items; as well as other cards played during the site phase that tap the site.
This rule specifically stipulates that it applies for resources that would normally tap a site.
Thus can I play a minion minor item as my free minor item at a hero site after playing a card that taps the site since that would not normally tap the site? That would appear to be allowed based on the MEWH Rules, and I can't find any CRF ruling that clarifies otherwise (but it's entirely possible that I've missed it).

Specific situation I'm looking at:
Company at hero Minas Tirith plays Men of Anorien, and then I want to be able to play a Secret Book as my free minor item.
CDavis7M

It has to match. A minor item is a "non-Fallen-wizard resource that would normally tap a site" and the rules on getting the extra minor item say it is "played." Even though it wouldn't tap the already tapped site, it would normally tap the site.

Secret Book can't be played after tapping hero Minas Tirith by playing Men of Anorien.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”