Padding Feet - how does the Stinker option work exacrly?

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Bob654

Padding Feet
Playable during the site phase on a lone scout minion (no other characters or allies in his company) at the same site as an opponent hero company containing a hobbit. Also playable on a lone minion controlling Stinker. If during a following site phase target character is at the same site as the Hobbit, tap this card. This card never untaps. If then during a following site phase, target character is at the same site as the Hobbit, invert this card. If inverted, this card may be stored at a Darkhaven for 5 MP.
First quick question - If I'm using the alternative option "Also playable on a lone minion controlling Stinker." does the requirement of that minion being a scout still hold from the primary play condition, or can it be played on a non-scout minion controlling Stinker?

Main question - If I play this on a minion controlling Stinker, is Stinker then the "Hobbit" that the rest of the text refers to?
example: I play this on a lone minion controlling Stinker during the site phase. During the following site phase, Padding Feet taps (the minion is still at the same site as Stinker), then during the third site phase the card inverts (still at the same site as Stinker), and then could be subsequently stored for the MPs.
Do I have that sequence right?
CDavis7M

The lone minion can be a non-Scout with Stinker. This is not an alternative playability condition, it is a modification to the first playability condition. The spirit is that Stinker is the Scout. Stinker is not a Hobbit. Your opponent's Hobbit at the same site as Stinker is the Hobbit.
Bob654

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. That really changes the context of the card from "easy 5 points in 3 turns" to "highly situation risky adventure" :P

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”