Delver's Harvest/Earth Eater how do they work exactly?

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Bob654

Delver's Harvest:
"Playable during the site phase if one of your companies enters the Deep Mines site."

Earth-Eater:
"Playable during the site phase if one of your companies enters the Deep Mines site and you have more Delver's Harvest cards in play than you have Earth- eater cards."

Question 1: When these cards say "enters the Deep Mines site", is that the act of choosing to enter the site in the Site Phase, or do they mean move to the site? i.e. if I have a company just sitting at a Deep Mines for multiple turns, can they play Delver's Harvest without having to leave and return?

Question 2: Is there any restriction I'm missing as to how many of either of these cards I could play during a single Site Phase? They don't tap the site (right?), so theoretically if I had Delver's Harvest x3 and Earth-Eater x3 in my hand, I could play all 6 cards in a single Site Phase? (as long as I played them in the right order)

Question 3: Assuming favorable answers to questions 1 & 2, there aren't any restrictions to entering an already tapped site again right? Example: let's say I have a company at a Deep Mines that played a card there to tap the site on the previous turn (e.g. Vein of Arda). They remain at the Deep Mines this turn. Is there anything preventing them from entering the tapped Deep Mines again to play Delver's Harvest/Earth-Eater cards?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

1) The act of choosing to enter the site in the Site Phase.
2) You can play all 6 cards in a single Site Phase? (as long as you played them in the right order).
3) There aren't any restrictions to entering an already tapped site again.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Doubled Vigilance, River (on company moving to Deep Mines) may prevent a company from entering the tapped/untapped Deep Mines.
Bob654

Thanks. That's all what I thought... but it seemed a little left of normal for the game so I wanted to be sure before I started experimenting with a mining deck :)
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:42 am River (on company moving to Deep Mines)
I had in mind River on Deep Mines against company moving to Deep Mines.
CDavis7M

"Enter" does refer to Step 1 of the Site Phase where the company "Enters its site." There are a few other resources that use this terminology but it's not common.

The main restriction is actually getting the Protected wizardhaven in the first place. Once you have that you can just go and play these cards without any tapping. Because no tapping is needed you can also play Noldo Lantern or Dwarven light-stone. Or use Deeper Shadow and play Aiglos and Dragon-helm of Dor-lomin. Earth-eater also works with Saruman's Machinery and Mechanical Bow.

Have you seen this player-made White Hand guide? It gives a decent overview of these cards. Worth a read if you're just looking at these cards for the first time.
Theo

Konrad Klar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:42 am Doubled Vigilance... may prevent a company from entering
Wait, I never read it that way. They might have to face an attack first, but I see nothing on the card to replace them then continuing to enter as they had chosen.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Theo wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:53 pm Wait, I never read it that way. They might have to face an attack first, but I see nothing on the card to replace them then continuing to enter as they had chosen.
You are right.
The same may be said about automatic-attack, created by The Black Enemy's Wrath.
At worst a company may not survive them, but they do not prevent it from entering Deep Mines.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”