Tower Raided

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Morgul_Rat

Can SOMEONE please explain this card to me...??? It is VERY complicated and doesn't seem to be worth playing...am I correct?? Is there something I am missing? I mean, you lose the MPs if the site is discarded. WHAT??!!??

Tower Raided
"Playable during the site phase on an untapped Shadow-hold [S] if your company there: bears an item worth at least 2 marshalling points, contains an untapped scout, and discard for no effect a Stolen Knowledge card it controls. Tap the site and discard the item. Company faces an attack: Orcs-4 strikes with 8 prowess. By the end of the site phase, tap a scout in the company or discard this card. If this card is not discarded, all versions of this site are now Ruins & Lairs [R], and no factions are playable there. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to your location deck."
~Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends~

Trade with me: http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/morgul_rat
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Ok, I love this card

1st turn

go to Lorien to play a Leaf-brooch

2nd turn, go to Moria to play Book of Mazurbul or Gollum or any other Greater Item, thorough Search the place for an major item (Durin's axe) , rescue some prisoners and play an knowledge of the Enemy

3rd turn, play tower Raided, discard leaf-brooch, play Rebuild the town,

4th turn, SB some Noble Hounds, stored Rescue Prisoners

call :)

In DC it is even nicer

yours Vastor Peredhil
marcos
Council Member

Morgul_Rat wrote:Can SOMEONE please explain this card to me...??? It is VERY complicated and doesn't seem to be worth playing...am I correct?? Is there something I am missing? I mean, you lose the MPs if the site is discarded. WHAT??!!??

Tower Raided
"Playable during the site phase on an untapped Shadow-hold [S] if your company there: bears an item worth at least 2 marshalling points, contains an untapped scout, and discard for no effect a Stolen Knowledge card it controls. Tap the site and discard the item. Company faces an attack: Orcs-4 strikes with 8 prowess. By the end of the site phase, tap a scout in the company or discard this card. If this card is not discarded, all versions of this site are now Ruins & Lairs [R], and no factions are playable there. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to your location deck."
it is a card that you would play at the end of game, or like vastor says, if you stay at the site most of the game
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Something to untap Moria between 2th and 3th turn is needed.

Other possibilities:
Play Beasts of The Wood at Sarn Goriwing or Nurniags at Nurniag Camp.
Untap site (or go away and return here after exhausting a deck).
Play Tower Raided, Rebuild The Town and No Strangers at this Time.
Now you may move the company without losing the Tower Raided.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well if you're gonna Rebuild anyway, why not play Tower Raided first before the faction, gives you bigger scope of sites/factions and you don't have to untap the site :wink:

Anyway, what always surprised me, is that most (if not all) of these cards say "tap a guy or discard", as you normally resolve all instructions on a card immediately and you couldn't use Cookies or whatnot to untap a guy after the attack(s). But Tower Raided says "by the end of the site phase tap a scout." So you could untap a scout during site phase after playing this card. Don't understand why they choose for it to be this way. Just one of those little puzzles.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

You have to play the faction before Tower Raided in order to Enable No Strangers -- factions can't be played at the site after Tower Raided is played.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

ah true, small detail :lol:
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Strictly speaking: "no factions are playable there" but no "no faction can be played here".

Some chance for Hour of Need to be slightly less unusable?
Morgul_Rat

Since Knorad mentioned HOUR OF NEED, I read the card and started to wonder...

TEXT SAYS: "Playable on an untapped non-Warrior non-Wizard diplomat during the organization phase if you have a faction in your hand. Play a faction from your hand. Tap diplomat who then makes an influence attempt on this faction. Count out the number of contiguous regions from the diplomat's site to the site where the faction is normally playable (including the regions containing both sites)-subtract 2 plus this number from the diplomat's attempt. If the attempt is unsuccessful, discard the diplomat and faction."

Could I use HOUR OF NEED when I am at BAG END to play THE HOBBITS (or any similar situation)...therefore only subtracting a total of 3, since there is just one region (plus the -2 modifier specified on the card)?
I am not sure if I would use this...just curious. This card doesn't negate the fact that you still need to be at an untapped site, does it? I don't think so, since playing a faction requires tapping...

LASTLY (for now), on a different note...can I ALWAYS play a free minor item after playing an ally, faction, or item that taps the site?
~Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends~

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Yes, you can use Hour of Need in such a manner. I would argue that if it's the same site, the penalty would only be -2, since you need move through no regions to get from the current site to the faction's site.
MELE, Minor Items wrote:If a resource card that taps a site (e.g., ally, faction, item, etc.) is successfully played at a site, one additional character may tap to play a minor item.
No specific phase is mentioned.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
i gwanunig

I like that card
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

after playing the denethor deck in the DC tourney recently i am not sure if i like this card any longer ;-)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

At least in dc games you can effectively play it, normally a FW would get 1 mp for it :wink:
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Morgul_Rat wrote: I am not sure if I would use this...just curious. This card doesn't negate the fact that you still need to be at an untapped site, does it? I don't think so, since playing a faction requires tapping...
Even if so, some factions can be played at tapped sites (e.g. A Panoply of Wings).
Morgul_Rat

Awesome, THANKS CONRAD! I really need to read the SPOILERS more. When building a deck, there is no substitute for knowing card text...

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”