Reigon Cards vs Map Use

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

I have a quick question

Scenario 3 companies

1 at Rivendell, 1 at Moria and 1 at Lorien

Rivendell Company Squats, Moria Company states going to move to a site in play, and Lorien Company states going to move to a site in play during the org phase.

Now with reigon cards you'd be forced to pre-select which site you were going to go to by virtue of having to place the reigon cards face down and in play. However with a map you could change your mind and could adjust on the site the company is traveling to. Is this legal? How would one stop this form of cheating?
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

As far as I know, it's not legal. But like you point out, someone could change their mind and cheat like that. I've never been worried about dealing with someone cheating though. Why cheat at a game that has been dead (as in not being printed) for 9 years? We play the game for fun, so if someone wants to cheat that badly, I think its not worth me worrying about it. Just my 2 cents...
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I think that the map supersedes region cards (is this in the tournament rulings maybe?). After all, if you are going by region movement rules strictly, you cannot even send two companies through or to or from the same region. For example, you could not move from Barrow Downs to Ost in Edhil with one company and from Bree to Old Forest with another. Only one company could use your "Cardolan" region.
http://www.alfanos.org
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Are reigon cards unique?
Maps of the regions of MeCCG may be used in place of region cards in Council of Elrond tournaments. If two or more companies move on the same turn, then each company does not have to determine the site path to its new site until the beginning of it's movement/hazard phase.
And per the tournament rules in the CRF: It doesn't say a player may change the site they intend to move to, but only the site path doesn't have to be picked until they move.

I find this just as problematic as the face down agent issue.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I always thought if they were moving to a site already in play on the table and there were more than one site on the table, I had to indicate during the Org Phase which site I was moving to in order to avoid just such confusion.
Page 32 of the CoE METW Rulebook and page 35 of the CoE LE Rulebook wrote: One and only one company may already be at the site. In this case the other company must state that its new site card is already in play (the current site card for the non-moving company).
Seems to be saying that you'd have to say which non-moving company's site you are going to.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”