Barrow Blade - played during site phase at a ruins & lairs

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Some times ago I have read some ruling about Dragon's Breach where author said that because Dragon's Breach does not create an attack it is OK to declare the card while facing attack. But no rule has been referenced.

Thanks.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:36 pm Some times ago I have read some ruling about Dragon's Breach where author said that because Dragon's Breach does not create an attack it is OK to declare the card while facing attack. But no rule has been referenced.
Dragon's Breath: I don't think the mentioned reasoning ("strike" vs "attack") makes sense for that card. Dragon's Breath is specifically playable when a company is facing an attack.

I wonder whether the "strike" vs "attack" distinction matters in general, or if combat is just combat. I think strike vs attack doesn't matter but I'd need to look more. I guess this might occur if someone wanted to play Cruel Caradhras in the middle of strike assignment or between resolving strikes.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 pm I wonder whether the "strike" vs "attack" distinction matters in general, or if combat is just combat. I think strike vs attack doesn't matter but I'd need to look more. I guess this might occur if someone wanted to play Cruel Caradhras in the middle of strike assignment or between resolving strikes.
That deserves a separate thread.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”