FW-havens

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Nerdmeetsyou

They say that all attacks at the site are canceled if your company is at the site...

why? what exactly does it do? haven't you already faced all attacks even the automatics and so on when you are at the site???

and it doesn't cancel comany VS company battle either or???

so why is this clause included?
and is it inclueded as an erate on all havens???
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

There are no general rule that says that attack against company at its haven/wizardhaven/darkhaven is canceled.

There are general rule that attack keyed to darkhaven is detainment. Because all rules and non-site cards refering to haven/darkhaven are applied for FW to their Wizardhavens, attack keyed to Wizardhaven is detainment too.

All other actions like canceling of attacks at havens are special abilities printed on site card and marked as Special:.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Nerdmeetsyou

but what exactly does this canceling do?
it only is in affect if your comapany is AT THE SITE... which means during the site phase and there are no attacks during the site phase or???
hazard creatures as on guard and auto attacks are faced before aren't they?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Moving company is not at site from begining of its M/H phase to the end of all M/H phases. In all other cases company is at site.
I don't now how automatic-attack can be created on haven, but if it could be possible then such attack would be canceled at FW havens. The same for creatures revealed on-guard.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Playable on a site in a Wilderness that normally is a Border-hold or a Shadow-hold, or on a non-protected Wizardhaven in a Wilderness . All versions of the site become Ruins & Lairs and each gains an additional automatic- attack: animals Ñ each character faces 1 strike with 7 prowess. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to its location deck.
Nature's Revenge says, among other things, that it creates an
auto-attack at an unprotected Wizardhaven. But since Wizardhavens all
have the language on them that "all attacks against companies at this
site are cancelled", what does Nature's Revenge do?

*** Nature's Revenge overrides the text on the wizardhavens.
As far as I can tell, that means that a site that becomes a ruins & lairs will still cancel attacks keyed to it, but the attack created by Nature's Revenge is not canceled. Is that correct?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Ask authors of quoted ruling.

Why changing of site type does not remove special ability of Framsburg, Tharbad or Worthy Hills? If Nature's Revenge would be played on wizardhaven created on mentioned sites, then its special abilities should be removed?
jaded

I agree, it's easy to make general rule on this instead of contradicting card-to-card-rules.
Nerdmeetsyou

I still don't understand it?

why does natures revenge work? it's not indicated on the card that it does...

and what exactly does the cancel ability do?
and when does it do it?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

BoderHamster wrote: why does natures revenge work? it's not indicated on the card that it does...
Changing of site type is not the same as removing its special abilities.
E.g minion The Worthy Hills says that this site never taps. Now Hidden Haven is played on The Worthy Hills, site type is changed from [-me_rl-] to [-me_ha-], site loses automatic-attacks and new special abilities are added" "Nothing is considered playable as written on the site card. If one of you companies is at this site, all attacks against it are canceled. Other Fallen-wizards may not use this site as a Wizardhaven [W]".

Now what happens if Nature's Revange is played on site?

Site becomes [-me_rl-], new automatic-attack is added. To this point we all agree.

But if special abilities added by Hidden Haven would be removed, why "Special: This site never taps" still works?
BoderHamster wrote:and what exactly does the cancel ability do?
and when does it do it?
When attack is declared against company at site then action "cancel attack" is declared. This is similar to declaration of Coancelment, Dark Quarells etc. If this action is succesfully resolved (as it is in most cases) attack is canceled.

Satisfied?

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”