uniting companies at Havens / untapping Havens

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I know Havens don't untap normally. However, I have a tapped company at a Haven. In my Orga-phase, I open a new company at the same Haven but this one gets its own site card (another copy of the Haven).

When can I unite the companies to discard the tapped Haven and make the new, untapped Haven the site they're staying at? In the site phase (after both of them haven't moved to a different site?

Thanks in advance!
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Khamul the Easterling wrote:I know Havens don't untap normally
All sites don't untap automatically in untap phase.
Khamul the Easterling wrote:When can I unite the companies to discard the tapped Haven and make the new, untapped Haven the site they're staying at? In the site phase (after both of them haven't moved to a different site?

CRF, Turn Sequence, Movement/Hazard Phase, General
Companies at the same non-Haven/non-Darkhaven site must join at the end of all movement/hazard phases, before the site phase starts. Companies at the same Haven/Darkhaven site may join at this time.
Although there is some inconsistency here.

CRF, Turn Sequence, Movement/Hazard Phase, General
Removing the site of origin and resetting to hand size are simultaneous actions, and they are the last actions in any movement/hazard phase. This means a moving company is not at a site until the site phase. [effective 11/17/97]
It is difficult joining moving companies at the same site at the end of M/H phase if a moving company is not at a site until the site phase.

However, no problem with non-moving companies. :)
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
|Highwayman|

the trick to untap the haven you're at is this -

play a new character at the tapped haven with the company you already have there, then split the company - doing so play a new (untapped) copy of the haven. But as you have split your companies you'll need to move one of them away, so just be sure to keep the untapped copy of your haven with the company you want to stay there, and give the tapped copy to the company that will move

of course you can do this trick also without playing any new characters - just split the company you have there

and also when you move a company to a tapped haven site where you have another company then upon joining the companies you get to choose which copy of the site to keep - so you can choose the untapped one
Going ever under dark,
Having the clouded sky above me -
And pale nothingness beneath me,
I see a light in the distant darkness,
It beckons me in and I accept it's invitation...
Wacho

you can actually join the two companies during the org. phase and keep the untapped haven.
|Highwayman|

Wacho wrote:you can actually join the two companies during the org. phase and keep the untapped haven.
right - I new I forgot to write about something
Going ever under dark,
Having the clouded sky above me -
And pale nothingness beneath me,
I see a light in the distant darkness,
It beckons me in and I accept it's invitation...
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Thanks a lot :D

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”