Do we NEED another AVARTAR???

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Nerdmeetsyou

I allways thought it would be important to inclued a new avartar in one of our following V Sets....
not the first one!
But maybe in V2 or V3... so we could create something realy new.

What do you think? Is this an option we should think of... or should we rather concentrate on those we have?

And if YES... what avatars would you think of?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I think before adding completely new avatars, the Virtual Cards should work on fixing the ones we already have. The first set looked at the underused RWs through the Unleashed cards, and the second set will hopefully have some good things for Fallen Saruman.

In another sense, though, adding avatars is outside the domain of the Virtual Cards and is more suitable for a strictly dream card environment -- more likely is simply to do what has been done, which is establish new abilities for a given avatar rather than establish a new avatar with old abilities or a new avatar with new abilities.
marcos
Council Member

i agree with ben, but if any avatar has to be added, then it has to be a Balrog allignment avatar...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

That one didn't occur to me, probably because I never liked the concept of a Balrog avatar in the first place.
Nerdmeetsyou

what do you mean with a balrog alighnment avatar?

give me an example?
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:what do you mean with a balrog alighnment avatar?

give me an example?
i mean an aleternative avatar for a balrog player. Since hog is unique, it sucks to play hog vs hog...
Nerdmeetsyou

It's the same with the FAllen wizards...

something I always though was very badly Developed...
maybe we can find a solution for that problem!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

There are 5 different FWs to choose from, but only one Balrog. If you want to use Demon Fana cards, there's currently no choice but the Balrog, as opposed to Stage Resources, which can generally be used by any Fallen Wizard.
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah thats true....

maybe then just make a second Balrog...
or another kind of Deamon fana?
what is there available?
Nerdmeetsyou

But I would realy see some kind of NEW avatar in a new V-card set!!!
maybe not now... but an idear for later!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

If you can come up with something, let's hear it then.
But adding a new balrog avatar sounds a bit strange, an option would be to add a card that gives one of your balrog guys more powers if opponent has Balrog in play, we discussed that at length with Baduila and Open to the Summons already.

Personally I think it's not that bad that Balrog is popular and there's some risk in playing him, one of the big strenghts of Balrog is that he's like a RW and not a FW, so you need no modification cards for MP's, while you can still profit from his massive bonusses. If opponent scores big red, you only miss out on some of those bonusses, like Great Shadow gives you 4 char MP and probably a free faction/ally, otherwise there is little problem in those games, in fact games have been won by the player without the Balrog avatar; with FW's that would be almost impossible.

Unless the Fana cards are virtualised also, they are not worth it to be played on another avatar, they're just too boring.

Why do you want another avatar, can you explain that? If you feel bored with the 20 or so options there are now, should you not better opt for dreamcards?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

I think inclueding a new avatar is an important process of the broading of the game because it gives the game variety.

The main problem why we only see wizard and ringwraith decks is that a lot of people don't have FW or Balrog cards, not because it has a difficult ruleset. That's what I believe.

So maybe we could create a new avatar where everybody could get access with normal hero or MELE cards...!

Maybe one day we realy could inclued Elf or Dwarf Lords like in Dream cards... I realy Like the idear of the dream cards...but there is one greath problem about them.
THEY ARE ILLEGAL because of the picture and other legal issues.
So it will allways be a problem to distribute them among the players, if they cannot be published officialy on the net or something like that.
So they WILL and MUST always stay some kind of side thing.

But with the dream cards we could sometimes acomplish a broaden acceptance among the players, like it is in star wars (where all tournaments are now run under V-cards)

And so we could create a new avatar someday that would be accepted to play. Maybe even an easy one (not as difficult as the FW)
Because I would love a much greather variety among avatars!!!

Maybe taking some character that is already existing, and making an avatar out of him! or maybe something else we might come up to!!!

MAYBE CREATING EVEN THE MOUTH OF SOURON AS AN AVATAR???

Return to “Development”