Quick Indur Unleashed question

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Does Indur Unleashed allow both RW Followers and normal characters to be in his company at the same time?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I take it you mean outside Darkhaven? Well, followers are still Ringwraith characters, are they not? and those may not be in comp. with non Ringwraith characters, so I guess not.

Hmm, well strike that, if it's another case of the famous card vs. rule rule, than yes it may contain both FW followers and non RW's.

Then bottom line is, do we think that's a problem? It does make for very strong companies indeed. It's not very easy to play RW's in Under-deeps but still. No thematic objections, but I think that yes it is too strong.

Marcos, haven't you abused this one yet? :wink: Provide us with insight.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Marcos, haven't you abused this one yet? :wink: Provide us with insight.
He's the one who thought up the idea in the first place. :)
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:I take it you mean outside Darkhaven? Well, followers are still Ringwraith characters, are they not? and those may not be in comp. with non Ringwraith characters, so I guess not.

Hmm, well strike that, if it's another case of the famous card vs. rule rule, than yes it may contain both FW followers and non RW's.

Then bottom line is, do we think that's a problem? It does make for very strong companies indeed. It's not very easy to play RW's in Under-deeps but still. No thematic objections, but I think that yes it is too strong.

Marcos, haven't you abused this one yet? :wink: Provide us with insight.
no i havent abused of this one :P

but i dont think it will be unbalanced, think about the possibility of doing stuff at under deeps with normal minions... there isn't much that can be done there except playing some items/ cave trolls... a nice company wont harm the strategy that much in my oppinion, in consecuence i believe it is not overpowered...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hehe
Well nothing much playable....yet. If we get to use Balrog sites (Vastor's UEP or idea), then it's another matter.
To get into Under-gates for some Balrog, a few RW's are always nice (not sure if Balrog needs to be played by Indur or if that refers to the Indur player as such)
Also, RW's are not so easy to tap out with Headless, and there's a lot of squatting going on down there.
In general, RW followers are powerful characters that don't cost influence, and that is only balanced by their movement restriction and difficulty to bring into play. IU takes care of nr. 1.

But meanwhile, you're probably right.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Development”