an extra for GCCG

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
marcos
Council Member

wigy just told me that if we re-organize the rarities of the virtual card set and we design an image for a booster he could add virtual boosters to GCCG products:

so in resume, we need:

- a booster structure (how many cards on it and how much of each rarity)
- a booster image design
- set the raritties for each card...

It will be pretty similar to what Vastor is doing for his dream cards...
So what do you guys think, is it worth to do?

best!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

personally I think it's all pointless crap, boosters/rarity for non existant cards etc, but harmless crap, and if you have fun with it, that much the better....
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

If you've got the time, then yeah, why not. Otherwise it might be better just to spend whatever time we do have on making sure the v cards on GCCG are the most up to date.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I'm not sure... maybe when we finalize the set, as a little present to people? It could be an image on the PDF document to spice it up. Btw, Star Wars is doing the same thing now: designing new booster images just for their pdfs. They are not very creative, though.

But I also think we should give the set a name. I've had one in mind for a long time now. I think it reflects the long journey we've taken on this project, the possible death of the game, a new hope with these cards...

"THERE AND BACK AGAIN"

What do you guys think??

--joe
marcos
Council Member

i like it :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

about a name, I think it's a nice idea, but I would not drop the simple Virtual Card Set 1 (VC set 1), because it's clear, simple and consistent (with possible subsequent sets).
That being said...There and Back Again sounds good! but, also a bit final, doesn't it? How about The Road Goes Ever On?
Truly thematic would be Tree and Leaf, but maybe that's overstretching Tolkien knowledge a bit. It's in accord with the awakened plant theme though, hehe.

It's not easy to find a theme in the set, but it could be The Return of the Shadow. Sounds SW like, but it's basically the theme of The Hobbit building up to LotR I-II (and title of History of ME VI), when trouble began to stirr again in the South and East, coherent with the many Nazgul/Ringwraith/Dragons cards, not to mention an untimely whisper...
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:about a name, I think it's a nice idea, but I would not drop the simple Virtual Card Set 1 (VC set 1), because it's clear, simple and consistent (with possible subsequent sets).
That being said...There and Back Again sounds good! but, also a bit final, doesn't it? How about The Road Goes Ever On?
Truly thematic would be Tree and Leaf, but maybe that's overstretching Tolkien knowledge a bit. It's in accord with the awakened plant theme though, hehe.

It's not easy to find a theme in the set, but it could be The Return of the Shadow. Sounds SW like, but it's basically the theme of The Hobbit building up to LotR I-II (and title of History of ME VI), when trouble began to stirr again in the South and East, coherent with the many Nazgul/Ringwraith/Dragons cards, not to mention an untimely whisper...
why dont we open a poll with all the sugested names?

there and back again
the road goes ever on
tree and leaf
the return of the shadow
virtual card set 1

personally i like joe's one, thorsten's the road goes ever on, and the simplest virtual card set 1...
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I was thinking of a new hope, but I kinda mixed up games ;)
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Oh, I should have pointed out that the title "Virtual Set 1" would not be dropped. The more poetic title would essentially be the sub-title for the set... uh, or perhaps the other way around.

Thorsten, I really really like "The Road Goes Ever On." It even carries the "mission card" feeling in the title. That and my suggestion are the best, imho.

However, I don't see how "There and Back Again" sounds "final"... is that because of the context in which Tolkien or Bilbo was using the term? I can't remember where this popped up... was it the chapter title of the last chapter in LOTR? If so, okay, I get the finality, and maybe you're right.

Frodo
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well, 'there and back again' was how Bilbo named his record of his adventures, which he started writing peacefully at home in Bag End towards the end of his life. It kind of sounds like a concluded tale to me, though of course later Frodo followed it up with his own tale...that's thematic :wink:
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'll vote in favor of the Road Goes Ever On.
marcos
Council Member

me too
Nerdmeetsyou

I also vote for:
The road goes ever on

It sound a little bit like a suggestion, that after a long periode, finaly there will be new cards to play with..

And that you cannot kill the spirit of MECCG...*G*

Return to “Development”