Re: Tower Raided

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

played a few games this weekend vs. minion opponent, and the ap's weren't doing much. He voiced the natures revenge all the time :cry: , and the chokings got wrapped after each attack. to be fair, he was quite buffed up, but not that extraordinary, one Morgul with Report You and Thong does the trick, he got all the trophies. So now I'm back in doubt whether our recent changes don't break it down too much :wink:

btw on the up side, Tower Raided was rockin' that hard, I still won easily. Perhaps the prowess bonus on that card is a bit heavy :)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Voiced Nature's Revenge... How? Nature's Revenge is a short-event.

Buff companies will destroy a lot of creatures, not just the odd tree or two. Boosting awakened plants isn't intended to circumvent this, however, they should at least pose a thought or two.

Re Tower Raided, yes, I believe the + to prowess per MP under the card is perhaps too good, especially with the new Fair Travels in DD which is very powerful. I've not played a deck which uses this, but my guess is that once a conpany has played some swords and is in chopping up the darkholds, there's not much going to stop them. Women act as a solid Nazgul deterrent and the MP prowess boost just makes this all the more easy. Anyone else?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I was thinking about that too, but the virtual 0.9 still reads permanent...and can a short-event go to the mp pile?

@tower: I didn't even have any swords or boost cards, I figured with dwarves' plus on orcs the auto is peanuts at most sites, and just pack Praise and Mount slain to score some points when Khamul kills my Dori. The main issue I have is that the auto becomes too easy, nobody even has to tap anymore when entering Barad dur once you got Cirith Ungol and Urulurtsu under Tower Raided. I don't expect to fight many drakes/wolves/animals in Mordor, about the only problem then could be undead, creature wise.
Jambo

Split this topic off.

An idea might be to make the prowess bonus equal to half the MP value of the card? Or, leave the prowess bonus to only automatic attacks so that your opponent's hazard strategy isn't getting quite so gimped should it also be orcs, trolls, Nazgul or spiders? I'm not sure why Nazgul would be easier to attack in their homeland.

Perhaps someone else can weigh in with some thoughts.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

This is the first deck I ever made (Tower Raided) and I played it regularly against Mark, online, and in the Virtual Tourney at Worlds.

It's still a very dangerous deck to play. Pukel-men and well-timed Nazguls are the worse creatures that can hit you (or an undead strategy, yikes! Nobody, thank god, plays Shelob. Save once. That sucked.) The deck needs to survive the first few turns, which is difficult without losing one or two characters, often your female. If you can survive, then the auto-attacks become a lot easier to face, and they should become easier to face, because that's about the time your opponent is sb-ing in Mordor hazards (since he figures you're not moving). Corruption is a problem too, and of course Seized, which ruins the whole setup.

I really don't see any issue with keeping the prowess bonus. The fact that these autos eventually become easy (less so for little people) and that your Faramir now has a chance against Adunaphel (and he'll need it, especially if TNAA is out) doesn't mean you can't be stopped.

(And FTIDD won't be usable on the first two sites; only your last one.)

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

I also played against Torstens Deck, and I also think that the prowless bonus is a little bit wack...
Maybe making the auto attcks easier to kill seems right to me...
but when you are lucky... doing tower raided once, can destroy your whole opponents hazard strategy... what is quiet lame....

When after one Raiding all your hazards are practicaly -2 prowless because you play an spider or Orc strategie...
I would feel quiet annyoed playing against that deck, which hazard strategies like that...

maybe we should follow torstens example and only let this card affect auto attacks!!!!
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:I also played against Torstens Deck, and I also think that the prowless bonus is a little bit wack...
Maybe making the auto attcks easier to kill seems right to me...
but when you are lucky... doing tower raided once, can destroy your whole opponents hazard strategy... what is quiet lame....

When after one Raiding all your hazards are practicaly -2 prowless because you play an spider or Orc strategie...
I would feel quiet annyoed playing against that deck, which hazard strategies like that...

maybe we should follow torstens example and only let this card affect auto attacks!!!!
in virtual tourney bernd played a tower raided deck and i ran an orc hazard strategy. I must say that even with the prowess booster he had a very bad time there in mordor, it is not THAT easy to keep many characters untapped to play a resource and tap tower raided as well. Also, there are event hazard that can beat such a deck, like seized by terror, troll purse, stench of mordor, etc... I think tower raided is a powerful card, but not that much to tune it down
Nerdmeetsyou

okay if that was already tested... greath news...!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

you only have to keep 2 guys untapped for the first TR...and there's always 2 crams.
Orcs can be flattered :wink: (don't ask me how to do it though, hehe), and you'd run a few dark quarrels anyway. But Redoubled and a timely Stirr with double lieutenants could be deadly, yes, as ever...

the event hazards you mention are of course good, but their effectiveness doesn't mean a big prowess boost is justified, that's a strange way of thinking. btw Dwarves can eat that Troll purse at Ungol/Urlurtsu any time (which are usually the first sites you go to, after that you have +4 prowess).

in sum, as said before, the card is not overpowered, in the few games I've played so far I got like 4 mp out of it, the first site on TR usually doesn't kick in until turn 4 anyway. 1st turn to Buhr Widu (or wherever), 2nd to Urlurtsu, 3rd to Barad (or wherever), but only in site phase do you get the prowess boost from TR, so no boost vs. creatures yes, then 4th turn you get full boost at +2. But alot can happen meanwhile.

But the card does feel weird, and indeed after you get 2 sites on TR all man/orc strategies are waste. I usually don't bother to play even more on TR but head straight for Southrons and some steeds, and no assassin will dare touch you, which is a bit strange...
so I wouldn't mind if it is reduced to auto attacks, or auto's and hazards keyed to site if need be (which still includes assassins...).

Return to “Development”