Re: Nature's Revenge

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Jambo

Ah ha, I see.

Something like this perhaps:

Nature's Revenge
Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature into play if it could attack the company. The creature immediately attacks the company (not counting against the hazard limit) and the attack receives +1 strike, -4 body, and chooses defending characters (if used on a trophy the bearer of the trophy must be assigned a strike). If the creature is defeated, place Nature’s Revenge in opponent’s marshalling point pile and he receives 2 marshalling points. Discard Nature’s Revenge and the creature if it is not defeated.
marcos
Council Member

i'd say that if we tone down the card's modifications, we should keep at parentheses clause for huorn in order to not make them suck
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Thorsten's addition is very funny. I didn't even mean that comment of mine literally...

Okay, guys, who else has faced these Ents? They were **really strong** in our playtest games!! All you're doing here is increasing the award for killing the thing, but whose planning on killing the thing? I'm just trying not to get demolished by it.

I would suggest keep it as 1 MP, keep attacker choosers, but remove the extra strike except for Huron. The card would then work as it was intended: it becomes bad enough that a creature (perhaps enhanced) you have taken the time to kill and score an MP for *leaves* your MP pile, then it even attacks you, and not only that but it's enhanced! Leave the real enhancing for the enhancer itself: Choking Shadows. Even without CS being out, Nature's Revenge already becomes quite an efficient card. With CS out, Nature's Revenge is really going to smack you around... and potentially make other Plants playable. (Which is another cool efficiency bonus of the card: you can target just the right playable Ent in the kill pile, then with CS make other Ents in hand playable too.)

Frodo
Jambo

Ok, going back to 1 MP, how about the following:

Nature's Revenge
Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature into play if it could attack the company. The creature immediately attacks the company (not counting against the hazard limit) and the attack receives -2 body and chooses defending characters (+1 strike if Huorn). If the creature was a trophy, the bearer of the trophy must be assigned a strike. If the creature is defeated, place Nature’s Revenge in opponent’s marshalling point pile and he receives 1 marshalling point. Discard Nature’s Revenge and the creature if it is not defeated.

Do you still want the bearer of a trophy to receive a strike?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Jambo wrote:Ok, going back to 1 MP, how about the following:

Nature's Revenge
Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature into play if it could attack the company.
This rules out trophies. You can't bring a card into play that is already in play.
marcos
Council Member

Nature's Revenge
Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature into play if it could attack the company. The creature immediately attacks the company (not counting against the hazard limit) and the attack receives -2 body and chooses defending characters (+1 strike if Huorn). If the creature was a trophy, the bearer of the trophy must be assigned a strike. If the creature is defeated, place Nature’s Revenge in opponent’s marshalling point pile and he receives 1 marshalling point. Discard Nature’s Revenge and the creature if it is not defeated.

Do you still want the bearer of a trophy to receive a strike?
this version is ok with me
Jambo

Bandobras Took wrote:

Nature's Revenge
Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature into play if it could attack the company.
This rules out trophies. You can't bring a card into play that is already in play.
how would you word it to include trophies?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Personally I wouldn't, since I don't like seeing Trophies discarded, but:

An eliminated Awakened Plant creature may be brought into play or an Awakened Plant trophy is removed from its owner's posession if it could attack the company. The creature attacks etc.
Jambo

OR:

Nature's Revenge
Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature into play if it could attack the company (may also be used on an Awakened Plant trophy). The creature immediately attacks the company (not counting against the hazard limit) and the attack receives -2 body and chooses defending characters (+1 strike if Huorn). If the creature was a trophy, the bearer of the trophy must be assigned a strike. If the creature is defeated, place Nature’s Revenge in opponent’s marshalling point pile and he receives 1 marshalling point. Discard Nature’s Revenge and the creature if it is not defeated.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Let's avoid "bringing into play," then, and merely say: "Playable on an eliminated Awakened Plant creature that could normally attack the company. The creature immediately attacks (not counting against the hazard limit)...." Or however such things are worded--In Great Wrath, etc.

Frodo
Jambo

Can a card that's been removed from play have a card played on it?

Ref. Returned Beyond All Hope for an example.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Personally I don't think extra strike for Old Man is over the top, the CS extra attack is easily cancelled, all that's left is a true fire drake. But, since mostly it'll be huorns in the dead pile anyway, and I agree that for Ent it's harsh, I can go with it.

about the out of play target: haven't got a clue, it seems unlikely indeed. The eliminated Elf/Maia go to the mp pile, so that's different. Boy, that would be a bummer...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

I think the wording I've used would be ok: "Bring an eliminated..." I just don't think: "Playable on..." would work.

I also wouldn't mind Old Man Willow receiving the extra strike.
marcos
Council Member

I also wouldn't mind Old Man Willow receiving the extra strike.
i wouldn't mind either. You can word it like: "an AP attack with no body receives +1 strike" or just say "(+1 strike for huorn and old man willow)" :lol:
Frodo
Ex Council Member

But Old Man Willow is the strongest creature of the bunch vs. heroes. I don't like the extra strike for him at all; if your opponent's company is tapped out or wounded, CS plus an extra strike means doom doom doom, and all from a creature that was supposed to be dead already! The Huorn strike is fine.

I'm worried that the out-of-play pile can't be targetted either. Technically, even Jambo's wording would target that pile, but at least it sounds like it's not... sort of. So let's use that wording then for now, though I would simplify the reference to the trophy as follows:

Nature's Revenge
"Bring an eliminated Awakened Plant creature (or trophy) into play..."

Frodo

Return to “Development”