Dwar Unleashed

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Jambo

Is there any reason why this card isn't playable at the start instead of a minor item?
Frodo
Ex Council Member

When possible, I like the make resources NOT playing as a starting perm in lieu of a minor item to avoid too many of the game's strategies being instantly in play (and revealed) rather than drawn up. In this case, I thought movement was not likely to occur until the 2nd turn at earliest. To compensate for the need for 3 of these, the card has a discard bonus.

Has anyone tried this deck?

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Unlike Indur, Dwar's haven-squatting ability is useful, so I see no need to make this a starting card.
Jambo

Fair dos. :)
marcos
Council Member

Frodo wrote:When possible, I like the make resources NOT playing as a starting perm in lieu of a minor item to avoid too many of the game's strategies being instantly in play (and revealed) rather than drawn up. In this case, I thought movement was not likely to occur until the 2nd turn at earliest. To compensate for the need for 3 of these, the card has a discard bonus.

Has anyone tried this deck?

Frodo
i've tried it, the card is ok, but there's nothing much impressive to do with your RW, since you fill your deck with wolves, there's nothing very rewarding that dwar can do at the time he can actually move freely
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Nothing rewarding for Dwar? Hmm.

Okay, I guess the rewarding stuff would have to be things that reward a high-prowess company (rather than just a high-prow RW). Dragon country, CVCC especially, sites with huge autos (like dipping down to udeeps once, or hero freeholds) come to mind. Also, the new Terror Heralds Doom. Were any of these options?

Just some honest questions... trying to figure out what would make the card: 1) fun 2) rewarding in terms of reasonable MPs expectation.

Frodo
marcos
Council Member

Frodo wrote:Nothing rewarding for Dwar? Hmm.

Okay, I guess the rewarding stuff would have to be things that reward a high-prowess company (rather than just a high-prow RW). Dragon country, CVCC especially, sites with huge autos (like dipping down to udeeps once, or hero freeholds) come to mind. Also, the new Terror Heralds Doom. Were any of these options?

Just some honest questions... trying to figure out what would make the card: 1) fun 2) rewarding in terms of reasonable MPs expectation.

Frodo
i tried terror heralds doom but dwar almost always was killed by some elflords
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

For every Wolf Faction in play, Dwar gains +1 DI. For every two wolf allies in play, Dwar gains +1 prowess.

Or something to that effect; gaining skills?

If you control a Wolf Faction, Dwar gains the Ranger skill.

Sorry if I'm not coherent; I'm extremely tired at the moment.
marcos
Council Member

yeah, that would be neat
Jambo

I must admit, it's strange how the one RW that can use region movement isn't even a ranger...
marcos
Council Member

maybe we can give him the ranger stat with a proper conditions? You know, for every wolf ally bla bla bla...
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Even more interestingly, what if all wolves in his company GAINED the ranger skill?

Like the evil version of the new Shadowfax!

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Frodo wrote:Even more interestingly, what if all wolves in his company GAINED the ranger skill?

Like the evil version of the new Shadowfax!

Frodo
I love it, and the idea is so good I think it deserved quoting. :)
marcos
Council Member

agree
Jambo

So, anyone any suggestions for wording the card?
current Dwar Unleashed wrote:Playable during the organization phase (if Dwar is your
Ringwraith). Even without a mode card, Dwar’s company
may use region movement equal to 1 region plus an
additional region for every Wolf faction in play or every
two Wolf allies in play (no maximum). Any non-
Ringwraith character with a Wolf ally may be in his
company. You may discard this card to add a bonus to
prowess (maximum +7) to all Wolf allies in his company
until the end of the turn. This bonus is equal to the number
of regions Dwar is moving. Cannot be duplicated.

Return to “Development”