Super Cool Idea for Legolas

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Nerdmeetsyou

And doubling is also an additional problem with the rules...
like somebody else already said, this could be interprated in two ways already....
so if we want it clean and easy, we should go without doubling....
Balin
Ex Council Member

Jambo wrote:Since we are bending the trophy rules already, it might be nice if we could include defeated minion characters as well! This way, Legolas and Gimli will still have a way to gather trophies should their opponent stop playing creatures. :twisted:
agree :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
marcos
Council Member

yeah, nice idea
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Okay, so if we keep the doubling, we have:

Legolas (V)
Unique. 7 Mind.
+1 prowess against Orcs. +1 direct influence against Dwarves and Dwarf factions. If in a company with Gimli, that company cannot be targeted by Unhappy Blows, your Dwarf factions are worth +1 MPs, and each of them may take defeated creatures and minions as trophies (double the prowess and direct influence bonus). If one of them has less trophy MPs, he must face the first strike of every attack that does not choose defenders, regardless of status.

Let's just do a vote on whether or not to keep the doubling for now (playtesting). I vote Yes. Here's my final argument: A) it's very clear by the above what is being doubled B) are you really going to go out of your way to hunt minion characters, or even kill creatures, when the most bonus you can get is a measly +2 DI and +2 prowess? But if the bonuses were greater... C) The hero player would actually be *greatly encouraged* to seek out these awards and we would see *more fighting and drama*.

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

I vote NO doubling.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Vote double the prowess bonus only.
Balin
Ex Council Member

No doubling.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I voted 'Double prowess only', for thematic reasons. And of course, if you only count mp's for prowess, you don't need to double. Discussion then remains whether a 4 mp should be max, I'd say 4 mp is a nice amount, both would be 9 prowess (plus weapon probably).
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Development”