Alert the Folk V

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Balin
Ex Council Member

Someone suggested to virtualize Alert the Folk in order to make it more playable. Here comes my idea:

Alert the Folk V: short-event

Playable on a company facing a Dragon or Drake attack while moving to (or staying at) a site in Withered Heath, Grey Mountain Narrows, Northern Rhovanion, Iron Hills, Woodland Realm, or Anduin Vales. All characters facing the attack gain a bonus to their prowess equal to the total marshalling point values (as printed on their cards) of any one or two unique hero factions you have in play (such factions must be playable at a site in a region listed above). If any strike of such attack is successful, discard one of the chosen factions. Cannot be duplicated against the same attack.

@edit to add final text (by now).
Last edited by Balin on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Jambo

Unfortunately, Alert the Folk has already been virtualised.
Balin
Ex Council Member

hehe.. what a mistake.. I forgot the first card on Virtual set 1! :oops:

I guess you don't want to change its name now, but the current Alert the Folk V has nothing to do with "alerting the folk", I mean with factions as the original one did. Maybe we could choose another card like Legendary Hoard to do the same and give the name Alert the Folk to this virtual version I suggest.
__

marcos
Council Member

i like it
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Like it too, but it does resemble original very much, to the point where the original is no longer needed almost.
also a pitty that Men of Lond Galen can't fight Eacaraxe :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

haha, that would be funny to see :D
Jambo

Would you include this over an Old Thrush?
marcos
Council Member

no, because old thrush also reduces body...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

no reason not to use them both :wink:
Jambo

At best, I'd imagine it being a sideboard card. After all, you need the factions in play first.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

plenty of factions to go around, I would include two copies straight in deck (depending on type of deck of course), chances are you'll play a faction before drawing this card, even if only +2 for Beornings, it can be very useful against cave-drake.
Nerdmeetsyou

don't see the point in making it...
who will play it anyway!!!
marcos
Council Member

any dragon country deck would use it... Even more by a FW that can get the bonus from a Dragon faction.... And dragon/ drakes are played very very often
Balin
Ex Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Like it too, but it does resemble original very much, to the point where the original is no longer needed almost.
yep.. in fact, my idea is to replace the original one, which is a card that I've never seen being played.
marcos wrote:any dragon country deck would use it... Even more by a FW that can get the bonus from a Dragon faction....
you cheezy! :lol: great idea, though I don't think this card is meant to be used on Dragon factions (only Smaug Ahunt could be played on listed regions anyway), because a dragon is not a folk, is it? :wink: I changed the spelling to 'unique hero factions', just in case.

I think this virtual Alert the Folk could be pretty useful in a dragon country deck, as Marcos pointed, even in a KutM deck if you don't want to sacrifice your wiz to defeat the dragon at home. Our main problem here, if you guys agree to go ahead, is the card title, first we must change the current Alert the Folk V to Legendary Hoard as I suggested or something like that.
__

Nerdmeetsyou

then let's do that!!!

Return to “Development”