know much about u/ F travels in FD

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
marcos
Council Member

are there really players who have given up their dreams of Gondor decks because of Lost in Free Domains
yes i did :(
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Boder, I do like your version. Let's keep it in the back of our minds as we debate whether the current version is either A) too weak B) too strong. Boder's version is definitely neither.

BTook: I sideboarded that card almost immediately! But I never drew it up...
Sigh...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Let's keep it in the back of our minds as we debate whether the current version is either A) too weak B) too strong. Boder's version is definitely neither.
ahum, if you can duplicate it, that's certainly out of the question. Just drop 3 of these and have some guy move around grey havens, hand size 11, always nice.

There was also this discussion about the difference between 'hold 1 more card in hand than normal', and handsize increase. I think holding extra card is better, at least you don't get the super draw on extra cards.

Personally I'd prefer a card that deals with the LiFD, because it is a bummer, and also more needed than handsize. You say you designed Fair Travels in FD to play combos, Frodo, which combos did you have in mind then? Fireworks on 3 hobbits playing multiple Mathom Lore and Glamour? The extra draw is perfect for the Gandiman FW, but for the combos?

Of course if we make an anti LiFD, it must not be broken, so tapping a diplomat is nice I think. There aren't that many around normally, it's the diplomat that might want to do the faction influencing so that could potentially ruin it for you, and he can't play ruse, and you can find ways to tap the diplomat before you play LiFD....just a thought.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

i'm with thorsten here, help vs LiFD will be much nice than incresing handsize IMO
Jambo

Is everyone ok with the new version of I Know Much About You, which is in this thread and in a separate thread in the Showcase forum, being used to replace the exisiting version?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yes, seems cool to me. Also improves playing with the stacker-cards, since opponent can't guess what you play from there, even though you can play as if from hand. Isn't life cruel :wink:
marcos
Council Member

yes, i like it
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Thorsten's recent question on another forum about Fair Travels in Free Domains reminded me that we didn't realize resolve this one.

Okay, the combos I had in mind being helped by this card as it currently stands are Minas Tirth-Tree combos (which admittedly don't really need this) and Paths of the Dead (which could). But I also had in mind *any* combos, anywhere on the board, especially on a final turn. There's a lot of wacky combos which are only playable with a large hand-size. Essentially, the company moving through the free-domain (usually Gondor) is gaining knowledge and time that helps companies elsewhere. In theory, even a traditional One Ring dunk deck could benefit from a small company moving through Gondor first (since hand size is everything for this deck during the run).

We need more thoughts on this one. So far we are comparing this version to Boder's, and also the diplomat version Marcos came up with. If we can't resolve it, then we should scap FTiFD for now and plug in Swag instead.

Frodo
Jambo

I quite like the Free Travels in Free-domains. However I do wonder if it should be able to be duplicated in a given turn. Plus it seems that playing it on one or potentially more companies moving through free-domains will also benefit any or all of your other companies, whether they're in free-domains or not, which is kind of perverse. :?

I think there should perhaps be some clearer restrictions or playability conditions so that it actually only benefits the company moving through free-domains. Otherwise, it's entirely possible to have Barliman wondering around the free-domains to boost the hand-size for companies moving around non-free-domains...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I don't have as much of a problem with that. A weak company dedicated to using Fair Travels is easily picked off by Assassins, etc. If you set aside a portion of your deck to protecting that company, you've negated the hand size advantage by including cards that don't help your main company.
marcos
Council Member

indeed a weak character can be easily killed by some common creature as an ambusher or a corsair... so not much of problem about that
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Let's make it "cannot be duplicated", and otherwise leave the text alone, but consider Marcos's idea for another card.

Frodo
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Let Robin Smalburrow move between Bag End and Grey Havens, and have your other companies draw extra cards. If opponent blows his assassins on Robin, at least your wizard is safe :wink:

There is also the option of making it "may keep 1 more card than normal in hand for each fd", that way you don't draw extra but you do get to keep cards for the combos like you suggest.

Return to “Development”