Regards making the VCs

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Jambo

Marcos, this is really a query for you.

I'm happy to continue to make the card backgrounds, add the gold borders, and do any other graphical aspects of the virtual cards (e.g. changes to mind, prowess/body, etc). However, the quality of the text from Photoshop 5 really sucked in comparison to Corel Draw or Paint or whatever it was you were using.

Now, the text on the existing cards is passable as they stand, so don't worry if this would be too consuming, but I was wondering whether you'd be willing to re-do the text (if you think it's worthwhile), and do text for any of the new ones we make? The specific MeCCG style for the existing ones should all be correct, with the right symbols, the right parts italicized and the right parts bolded, etc. I'm not sure how Corel whatever it is caters for the special symbols, etc, but if that proved a problem I could always supply you with a copy- and paste-able Word document of all the card texts.

What do you think? Is it worth the bother?
marcos
Council Member

I was using Corel Photo Paint and Corel Draw to make them.

It is ok with me. I don't care making their text again since i knew they will need some adjustment (i already know how to make the U for nazgûl :lol: ), you just have to tell me what to modify and i will gladly do it. You make the backgorund i make the texts.
Jambo wrote:I could always supply you with a copy- and paste-able Word document of all the card texts.
that will be of a great great help

let's do it! I can help you too with the xml if you want me to
marcos
Council Member

27 made so far, 23 (including the 7 new ones) to go :)
Nerdmeetsyou

where did you get the templates from... might it be able that you could uploade them for me???
so i could use them for creating some cards for my boxed game???
marcos
Council Member

Jambo just removed the text box with photoshop and i did some other details and fill their texts with corel photopaint and corel draw. You will be able to download them once they are loaded on GCCG
Nerdmeetsyou

Yeah... but I could need the template anyway...not for the virtual cards, but to forge some cards on my own...
marcos
Council Member

just install photoshop and edit the jpgs, we don't use any templates, we modify existing pictures
Nerdmeetsyou

okay... thx
marcos
Council Member

if you want some templates, i think you can get them from any of these 2 pages:

http://www.meccg.net/archive/willow/index.htm
http://fan.theonering.net/morgulrats/
marcos
Council Member

jpgs are finished!!! Once Jambo has the xmls we send them to wigy and start building decks at gccg!!! Jamie, let us know when you send the completed set to wigy, so we can post the info about the online tourney

best!
Marcos

Return to “Development”