VC set and GCCG - important

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Jambo

Please see the quoted message from wigy below:

"It is highly critical that the number of cards are the same once the
cards have been put to the live system. People even own some of the
cards already, since i've been giving them as a tournament prizes.
Technically speacing, card numbers 1786-1835 are now assigned for
Virtual set 1. No matter what, this must not change!
Extremely to moderate important is that old cards that remains the
same is still in the same order than before. If yuu remove a card, you
need to replace it with some other card in the exactly same slot in
XML. I say moderate, because I think that people does not care that
much about V1 cards yet, since there is no tournament value (yet! but
soon is coming!). In addition to that, few people even have those
cards. However, all effort must be made to keep this arrangement.
Would you like if all your Assassins are converted to Lóriens by the
server? :) That's exactly what happens if card positions are changed
in the XML."

What does this mean - well it means we'll need 50 cards in total for any update we plan for the VC set. On last count, after we removed the faction and avatar fighting cards and Fair Travels in Shadow-lands, we have 43. Joe's on holiday and we'll need to check this through with him first of course, but for VCs to run on GCCG, which in my opinion is fairly essential, we need to find 7 new cards!
marcos
Council Member

hi all!

i suggest the following:

in the name of mordor (we need it for they ride togheter decks)

darkness under tree
Radagast the tamer
huorn
in darkness bind them
(we need some more hazards)

and 2 of this (i love this ones):
the great goblin
balance between powers
shadowfax
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

THe 5 that marcos suggest, Great Goblin and Shadowfax is what I suggest.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

Also i think that we need to add the modified ben's Indur unleashed instead of the old one (i love b_took's version)
Jambo

One query - could Awakened Plants be a little overpowered if all those suggested cards were used, particularly as they have no specific cancellers as such?

For example, Huorn is 1@11, picks defender and it keyable to a single [-me_wi-]. Wouldn't this just kill any deck based around specific low prowess characters, for example Arwen? (I wouldn't want to see small prowess characters forced away any more than they already are.) Having said that, I still like the idea! I do think a V Huorn should be keyable to the Old Forest and Druadan Forest (like Old Man Willow).

Radagast is also interesting but should it include wolves? Wolves also encompass wargs...
marcos
Council Member

i don't see them THAT overpowered, i think elflords are much overpowered and is still a better option vs minion. Vs hero it won't be that useful since the higher prowess awakened plant is detain vs hero, huorn is pretty manageable because his low prowess and the only trouble will be old man willow...Awakened plants will be a good option but i think it won't be the best one still

i think most of the low-prowess decks includes much generic cancellers. Also i don't see arwen moving through lot of wilderness since his main card is choice of luthien, and that prevents her for moving through wilderness.
In general, a low prowess character travel along with a high prowess one, so, if you play darkness under tree and any of the 3 plants, you only need forewarned is forearmed to beat it with your high prowess character, or you can face 1 strike and cancel the other with the low prowess char by only tapping him.
I think it needs some playtesting, we won't know what this trees are capable to do until we give them a try

about Huorn's keyability: it can be keyed to cardolan, that is why i didn't include Old Forest, i can change it if you want and add druadan forest

about Radagast: we can remove wolves from his text without any problem if you think it's correct...

think that the only card you need to avoid awakened plants is: ford/hidden ways ;)
Jambo

There are quite a few card suggestions around now. Here's a quick resumé:

In Darkness Bind Them
In the Name of Mordor
Balance Between the Powers
Huorn
Darkness Under Tree
Radagast the Tamer
The Great Goblin
Shadowfax
Blind to All Else
Words of Power and Terror
Messenger of Mordor
Bow of the Galadhrim
Morgul Blade
Hobbit Lore
Silent Watcher
Hold Rebuilt and Repaired
Padding Feet
Horn of Anor

Is there anything else anyone wants to suggest before we consider the above for the mix? I'd love to see a virtualised Gothmog and/or Rogrog for instance! Something to boost those unused troll hazards perhaps? I'd really like see something fun and innovative, much like the excellent Nazgul are Abroad and Half an Eye Open were.
marcos
Council Member

you are missing the following ones:

trouble on all borders
come at need
minion wellinghall
minion old forest
nature's revenge
galdor
thror's map
our own wolves
Your welcome is doubtful

i still like the 7 suggested by Bert and me, all others can be included in VC2 along with the faction wars and magic duels. I do like Rogrog/ Gothmog to be virtualized too. What do the others think about the 7 we are missing? just bert and me have given some opinions
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I think we should do a wrapup for V1 with what we have, enough to choose from. And if we leave the Great Goblin out of the fray, him, togetehr with Gothmog and Rogrog can be a minitheme in set 2 or 3.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Jambo

Ok, after great deliberation, my suggestion for 7 would be:

1. The Great Goblin (too cool a card to miss out on)
Also a major figure of The Hobbit. Orcs are the most common enemy to the free people, yet we rarely see them for the over-abundance of cave worms and cave drakes)

2. Shadowfax (relief for Gandalf)

3. In Darkness Bind Them (revitalising hazard long-events)

4. Balance Between Powers (potentially a very interesting card)

5. Blind to All Else (opening up yet other cool ideas)

6. Darkness Under Tree (for Awakened Plants)
See my expanded version in showcase forum. Essentially I propose to combine aspects of Marcos' Radagast and Huorn into this single card using "From the Pits of Angband" style of wording to add recycling. Why use 3 cards when one good one will suffice! ;)

7. As for the 7th selection, I'm undecided. Here's the possibilities:
To further cement the new Nazgul strategy in VC set 1, bring in Words of Power and Terror.
To help with They Ride Together, bring in In the Name of Mordor. Again, there might be a more elegant way of altering the existing They Ride Together?
Or one of the other interesting cards. :)
marcos
Council Member

marcos wrote:hi all!

i suggest the following:

in the name of mordor (we need it for they ride togheter decks)

darkness under tree
Radagast the tamer
huorn
in darkness bind them
(we need some more hazards)

and 2 of this (i love this ones):
the great goblin
balance between powers
shadowfax
with the new Waiting shadow propposed, i would change my 7 suggested to:

darkness under tree
Radagast the tamer
huorn
in darkness bind them
waiting shadow
shadowfax

and one of these:
great goblin
in the name of mordor

maybe great goblin will be better, because we can still work on they ride togheter a bit more. Or just include in the name of mordor and let great goblin be a mini-theme alongside Gothmog and rogrog for set 2. But still i prefer Great Goblin than In the name of mordor because getting all 9 out is a very hard quest even with that helper...

Return to “Development”