new huorn V

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
marcos
Council Member

so:

Awakened Plant. One strike, attacker chooses defending characters. May also be played at Druadan Forest, Old Forest, and Wellinghall. May also be played keyed to Heart of Mirkwood, Sothern Mirkwood, Western Mirkwood, and Woodland Realm; and may also be played at Ruins & Lairs [-me_rl-] and Shadow-holds [-me_sh-] in these regions.
. Any Awakened plant hazard creature can be played on a company that has faced Huorn this turn.

you like it this way?
Jambo

Ah, you posted during my edit to the previous post (see previous post). Basically, you could just use the text already on the huorn for playability.
marcos
Council Member

Jambo wrote:Moved the discussion regarding the playability of the huorn in here. The reason I think being able to keyed to certain sites like Old Forest is important is because it can then attack companies squatting there. Yiou could just use the text on the original huorn card?

Here's how the card could be written for instance:

huorn V:
[w]
P/B: 11/-
Creature
Awakened Plant. One strike, attacker chooses defending characters. May also be played at Druadan Forest, Old Forest, and Wellinghall. May also be played keyed to Heart of Mirkwood, Sothern Mirkwood, Western Mirkwood, and Woodland Realm; and may also be played at Ruins & Lairs [R] and Shadow-holds [S] in these regions. Any Awakened plant hazard creature can be played on a company that has faced Huorn this turn.

One question - would additional awakened plants played after the huorn count against the HL?
i like it

About your question: i think yes, other way it will be pretty strong to recycle trees with radagast and then huorn's ability allowing the playability of many trees without counting, also keep in mind that we based this ability on Umagaur/ Buthrakaur and they are unique. Since Huorn isn't unique i think we need to restrict this ability a bit in order to prevent overpowered effects
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I still think Huorn should be keyable to any sites in the regions. Thranduil's Halls and Woodmen Town should neither of them be exempt from rampaging Sycamores. :)
marcos
Council Member

the actual keyability for this suggestion is exactly the same as the normal huorn. Would you like it to be "any sites in these regions" instead of "Ruins & Lairs [R] and Shadow-holds [S]"?
I think that changing his keyability a bit and reducing his prowess by 1 will be ok...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Yes, any sites in those regions. It makes it a bit easier to keep delaying Blackbole; they can't squat at Woodmen-Town and be safe. :)
marcos
Council Member

ok i will modify it :)

so we arrived to this final version:

huorn V:
[w]
P/B: 10/-
Creature
Awakened Plant. One strike, attacker chooses defending characters. May also be played at Druadan Forest, Old Forest, and Wellinghall. May also be played keyed to Heart of Mirkwood, Sothern Mirkwood, Western Mirkwood, and Woodland Realm; may also be played at sites in these regions. Any Awakened plant hazard creature can be played on a company that has faced Huorn this turn.

hope that everyone is ok with it this time :lol:
Nerdmeetsyou

I like it...

what about the enhancers... do we have a final version already?
marcos
Council Member

well, b_took, Ringbearer and me approved the suggested Huorn, Radagast the Tamer and Darkness under Tree. We just need the approval of Joe when he is back from hollidays... ATM, the enhacers are the followings:
Darkness under tree V:
Long event
All awakened plant recive +2 prowess and 1 extra attack. All attacks from any awakened plant with no body receive +4 body. A character can be tapped to cancel one of these attacks. Cannot be duplicated

Radagast the tamer V:
MP: 6*
P/B: 13/9
Creature or Permanent-event
Playable: Free-domain/ Free-hold
Unique. Maia. Manifestation of Radagast. Two strikes. Detainment and -3 prowess against hero companies. Discard this card if Radagast comes into play. As a creature, may also be played keyed to Southern Mirkwood, Western Mirkwood, Woodland Realm, Heart of Mirkwood, or Rhosgobel. As a permanent-event, each player at the end of each turn may bring one awakened plant, animal or wolf creature from his discard pile to his hand. Discard when any play deck is exhausted.
Nerdmeetsyou

radagast seems quiet strong.... whitch recycling your hazards... but as i remeber there are only.... 2 different plant hazards or???

on the other hand... what about a permanent enhancer.. like done with a lot of other creatures???
marcos
Council Member

radagast is just the same as master of the house or the ability of normal "the nazgul are abroad". I don't think it is too strong... Also think that Radagast is a pretty common wizard (not the most common tough) so that makes this hazard a little weaker.

there are 3 plant hazards: huorn, old man willow and Ent in search of the entwives

About a permanent enhacers, not all the hazards have permanent boosters. I think most of them have long event except for man that haves "rank upon rank". Obviously there are other exceptions like shelob, spider of the morlat, full of froth and rage, etc. But most of the pumpers are long event: wake of war, plague of wights, minons stir, chill them with fear, etc...
Jambo

The text of your Darkness Under Tree should read:

[v] Darkness Under Tree
Long event
All Awakened Plant attacks receive +2 prowess and 1 extra attack. A character can tap to cancel one of these attacks. Additionally, all Awakened Plant attacks with no body have 4 body. Cannot be duplicated.

This is slightly more in line with cards like Helms of Iron which impart body values to attacks.
marcos
Council Member

yep, nice catch
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

just see this section of the board now :cry: I do not always log in when visiting the forum, so I kind of missed it for a long time, since I didn't have the time to do any serious commenting, but interesting to see the development to where we are now.

Not wanting to redo the discussion there/here, but maybe giving huorn 2 strikes isn't that bad. As you might have noticed on the Virtuals proposals board, I'm more in favour of boosting Huorn up a little than boosting all AP's up alot. But I still prefer a chill-douser ability for Huorn, perhaps even make it apply to himself then?
If that is not considered strong enough - without counting the prowess bonus for DuT - then perhaps he can be lifted to 11 prowess. That and some body should do the trick I'd say. 1@11/4 attacker chooses isn't bad at all...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

the main problem with making a new huorn is that the old one will be worthless... i suggested tons of huorns, but can't give the option to choose between the normal one and the new because the new will always be better

Return to “Development”