new huorn V

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Also, the Huorn V would be mainly there as part of the general strategy to enhance the Awakened Plants. His +1 strike is not just ment for him, but for the plants that come after him too. So then it's not such a big deal if they are keyed to double wilderness, and you might include some hazards to increase the probability of double wilderness even, since the attacks are worth it.

If you only have a booster card, that card could easily be cancelled. If you only add a strike, the attack can be cancelled. If you add an attack and a strike, like with the booster and this Huorn, small companies will more easily be either tapped out, and/or face more strikes to fight.

But, if you have a cool way to make Huorn really usefull other than combat enhancements, without overpowering it or making the old Huorn obsolete, let's hear it please!
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

i really like the current suggestion for huorn :D
Nerdmeetsyou

I think there is just no point in NOT making the old one obsolete...
but it seems like we have a little bit different understanding of the purpose V-cards....

my suggestion would be either to leave him as he is...
and to make everything that is about making him better with enhancing cards....!

or to just make a better version without whining about the old one...
who ever played the old one... there is no point of arguing that the new one will only be better. Because you NEVER played the old one anyway!!!

My suggestion would be the following:
Huorn V: 10/-, single wilderness
awakened plant. May also be played keyed to Cardolan, Fangorn, Hart of Mirkwood, Western Mirkwood, Southern Mirkwood and Woodland Realm, and to non haven sites in these regions. If Huorns first attack is not cancelled, all awakened plant attacks receive +1 attack for the rest of the turn (including this attack).

because ALL the other awaken plant hazards already Need doulble wilderness...
why make this hazard strategy tooo much bound on double wilderness!!
to use him most efective you would have to play another Hazard afterwards to get the +1 strike/attack... which you can only do with doulble wilderness anyway...
And I would Also not push the strikes of the Awakenplants... but only the attacks....(and as they only have one strike each... there is no ploblem with that...!!!
marcos
Council Member

i still like thorsten's one

Return to “Development”