Virtual cards suggested that might are worth adding.

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Jambo

marcos wrote:I got this 2 suggestions from Agus:

Shadowfax.
Ranger Ally. Unique. Playable at any tapped or untapped non-Haven site in Rohan, and only by Gandalf. Tap to cancel a strike (not from an automatic-attack) against its bearer or itself.
Awesome! Good one Agus. :)

marcos wrote:Horn of Anor.
Minor Item. May only be borne by Boromir. May not be duplicated. You may tap this item if Boromir's company faces an attack, before strikes are assigned, to take Risky Blow, No Waiting to Wonder, or Many Foes He Fought from your discard pile to your hand. Boromir makes a corruption check modified by -2 after the attack is resolved.
Really like this one too, but I'd possibly remove Risky Blow from the list of cards.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Shadowfax might be worth it, the Horn I find too powerful, even with the CC of 4.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

so we remove the risky blow from the horn and that's it
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I see no need to Virtualize Horn of Anor -- +2 DI against a faction is a pretty good effect. On the other hand, I like making Shadowfax a Ranger ally.
marcos
Council Member

no need to virtualize horn of anor, but boromir kinda sucks, there are more characters like elladan, elrohir, gildor, faramir, beretar, fram, etc, that are much better IMHO... he doesn't see much play, and that horn might encourage players include boromir in their decks. I think it is worth the try
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I don't think extra corruption is the way for Boromir to see more play. Boromir is an ideal card to virtualize in conjunction with a "faction-battling" virtual set, but in the mean time, a 4-mind 6-prowess character with 1 DI doesn't see more play only because of River. :)
Jambo

I quite like the horn simply because it's thematic and when using it in this way, you're basically using Boromir in an expendable manner (like the book). Sooner or later he'll die or get corrupted, but in doing so he'll take a few baddies with him.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Nevertheless, it was my understanding that Grond/Alliance were to be put on hold in anticipation of "support" cards. I'd rather not see Boromir or related cards virtualized only to have to revirtualize them in a new set. Horn of Anor really does work as is and when held by Boromir is a solid +3 to faction influence. If it is inevitable that Horn of Anor be virtualized, I would have it keep its original effect and give some small bonus to Boromir when he bears it -- for example, "If borne by Boromir, he receives one additional DI and a further +1 DI against factions." Limiting it to only Boromir and to recycling warrior cards creates a limited play for Boromir, not an enhanced one, since if you had him, you had him to take strikes anyway.
Jambo

Yes, I see what you're saying. More thought may be required, and there may even be better options for Boromir somewhere down the line.

Still, Horn of Anor isn't unique and the original version could still be used within the same company, and still be used by Boromir as long as he wasn't using the other.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I am still not too fond of the horn. Somehow it doesnt really add anything for me. I would rather see Boromir virtualised, since he is considered the weakness, not an useful and well-played item.

Jambo

Or a Boromir-specific event that makes the Boromir character a more worthwhile addition.
marcos
Council Member

Ringbearer wrote:Trouble on All Borders
Hazard permanent event

All non-unique men, dunadan, elf or dwarf creature which can only be keyed to regions by name can be keyed to all adjacent regions. Additionally they attack normally versus covert companies and get -1 prowles if they attack in an adjacent region or +1 prowles if they attack in an region listed on their card.
Discard this card if any attack of one of this creatures fails.

Come At Need
Hazard Long-Event
If a companion controlling an ally faces an attack, at least one ally that companion controls must tap to support the companion.
you noticed that this 2 cards can be duplicated?
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Might be a good and safe idea to make then "cannot be duplicated"

Jambo

How do you think the new virtual Waiting Shadow would work with the other VCs put forward for the Awakened Plant strategy? Any more worthy for inclusion than others, or, in addition to others? Certainly it's an interesting effect.
marcos
Council Member

i do like it, it fits perfectly with the new huorn (V) because he chooses defending character and can be keyed to many sites ;)

I think that nature's revenge is not worth to include if we include Radagast the tamer. It is an interesting effect indeed

Return to “Development”