Ent-draught revisited (question)

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Hello all, I am currently revising all the v-cards and am posting 3 different versions of Ent-draught for your consideration and input.

Ent-draughts (Version 1)
Playable at Wellinghall (even if Wellinghall is tapped; does not tap the site). Cancels any stage resources on bearer. A non-Wizard bearer has +1 mind, +1 prowess (maximum eight), and +1 direct influence. During your end-of-turn phase, you may tap this card to take Ent-Draughts from your play deck into hand. Cannot be stolen or transferred.

--In this version, the character would have to tap for and get the item at Wellinghall in order to receive its benefits; as opposed to running your Wizard there, getting the Draught, and carrying it back (frothing hot!) to Celeborn at Lorien.

Ent-draughts (Version 2)
Permanent-Event.
Playable on a non-Wizard character at Wellinghall. Cancels any stage resources on character. +1 mind, +1 prowess (maximum eight), +1 direct influence, and if he was wounded when this card was played, he is now healed. During your end-of-turn phase, you may tap this card to take Ent-Draughts from your play deck into hand.

--This slightly different version allows a wounded character to go to Wellinghall and get healed (once) by the drinking of the draught. It also makes the playing of the draught on a wounded character who is perfect for the Direct Influence bonus a bit easier, since those characters might not have had the stamina to avoid an Assassin on the way to Wellinghall (and thus could not tap for the draught). Thematically, the books gave me the impression that Merry and Pippin were “wounded”, as well as exhausted, and that Wellinghall gave them healing.

Ent-draughts (Version 3)
Playable at Wellinghall (even if Wellinghall is tapped; does not tap the site). Cancels any stage resources on bearer. May tap to give non-Wizard bearer permanently +1 mind, +1 prowess (maximum eight), +1 direct influence, and if he was wounded, he is now healed. This card never untaps and if tapped, it cannot be stolen or transferred. During your end-of-turn phase, you may take one Ent-Draughts from your play deck into hand.

--In this version, any character could play the card, then transfer it to another character at any site, who could then “drink” it somewhere other than Wellinghall.

I think my favorite is version 2, even though that means the card is no longer an item. It probably shouldn't be, anyway.

I believe these changes address the concerns Leon and Boder and others brought up. Thank you to everyone for your input, as always.

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Is "cancels any stage resources on the bearer" a one-time thing or a continuous effect?
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Continuous.

Frodo

Return to “Development”