Snaga

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Tythis

Snaga is currently written as 2/11 (discard on 11) and he must face the first strike of all attacks regardless of status. This seems a bit powerful to me. An 11 body has never been printed on a non-avatar before iirc and even with the discard on an 11, he will likely suck up a ton of attacks before finally going. I think a 10 body and discard on 10 would be more appropriate personally.

Also, I've always liked the idea of making his ability kick in only if a leader is present... like the leader is forcing him fight. A leader is almost always present, but it would add a bit more balance to what I feel is a slightly overpowered ability.

Any opinions about him and does anyone have any experience with this card in games? It seems like dragon country decks could really exploit the ability and if there are any minion items like the +2 body draught that heros get, it seems like it could get abusive.
- Jonathan Yost (Tythis)
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I tried a couple different versions of a dragon country deck with Snaga (4 games). He was, I'm afraid, barely worth the effort. Since he's 4 mind and raises your HL by 1, he makes you vulnerable to more attacks than you would normally face otherwise. This basically cancels his attack-facing ability imo. Also, as soon as he gets wounded (which will basically be the first strike he faces), his body goes down by 1. If it's only 10 to begin with, Snaga will become unplayable.
http://www.alfanos.org
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Also, Unabated is a really strong counter to Snaga.
http://www.alfanos.org
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Not to mention that he keeps dying early in all the games I've played, anyway.

You're also sacrificing kill/trophy points, and a Dragon Ahunt will still be bad news for your company.

I think it's good in its current form.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Another item Zara didn't mention is that Seized by Terror on Snaga can suddenly create a company unprepared for a big creature attack (maybe not in YOUR deck, Zara, but in any normal deck that doesn't have contingency plans...)

Zara, I hope you still think Snaga is useful and interesting, as opposed to too weak? Or is it just as a Dragon Country deck that he's too weak? Other uses could exist...

Frodo
Jambo

Certainly wouldn't want him any weaker. The 4 mind for just a warrior orc covers the ability I think.

Return to “Development”