Division of Labor

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Jamie and I have had a bit of a conversation about this over PMs already. The question is: to what extent is the VC executive committee receptive to ideas from non-committee members?

At first I thought that the best plan would be to allow only replies in the showcase area, so that people could comment on existing VCs but not suggest their own. That doesn't really seem fair, or wise, for that matter. Surely there's a lot of people with good ideas, even if not all those ideas can become VCs.

So here's a compromise plan: The Showcase will have three functions:
(1) to display the existing VCs,
(2) to solicit comments on the existing VCs, and
(3) to allow everyday users to suggest new VCs.
Meanwhile, the Development Zone will have 2 functions:
(4) to fix old VCs and
(5) to polish new VCs, either those suggested internally or those from the Showcase suggestions.

Make sense?
http://www.alfanos.org
Jambo

Makes sense to me, after all Bandobras was the person who initiated all the virtual unleashed cards discussion. If the door is closed too firmly we miss out on that involvement. If this is agreeable, shall I move those [V] card suggestions I made back to the Showcase forum then where they're visible and able to commented on by all?

What do you suggest is the best way to make it clear to the public these are just suggestions and not in the pipeline for immediate inclusion in a Virtual set. Say, have suggestions titled:

[V suggestion] ?

Any better way?

regards
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Mark's suggestion makes sense to me, and Jambo, sure, you can move your suggestions to the Showcase forum.

But as per our letter to Wim, do the VC forums here count as "competing forums"? Should we have them only at the meccg.net site?

As far as the rules for suggesting cards: These are already specified, in detail I think, in the thread, "Suggesting New VC to the Designers" or did you guys mean something else?

I think having the (V) marker is enough--people will quickly know which cards are in the current virtual set or what's a suggestion by the language being used. Or not? Let's see what happen.

On another note: I'm still not crazy about the use of these words Showcase and Development, especially as not every forum title is using these words, so it's still hard to tell what's private and what's public. Hmm. Also, "showcase" is not a very friendly term to people not as good in English.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

This is not a competing forum, since the VCs are a special subset of dream cards. So no worries there.

Perhaps the tag [Suggestion] would be better than [Virtual], since everything in these forums is virtual?

Regarding the Showcase/Development distinction, I'm open to other words. These were just the first pair that occurred to me. Is "Development" OK? What should we use instead of "Showcase"? It seems to capture the idea we want of something that's had a lot of work put into it, now on public display. Maybe "Showcase and Discussion"? Hm....
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Development”