Determining a presence of a site (of given type) in game

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:39 pm First paragraph affects a movement of agents played as hazards. If no FW player participates in game, all agents may freely move to Isengard, The White Towers, or Rhosgobel. If Fallen Radagast player does not participate in game, all agents may freely move to Rhosgobel, unless a copy of Rhosgobel in play is Wizardhaven (in result of Chambers in the Royal Court, or Mischief in Men Way).
This conflicts with ICE's statements on that the attributes of a site not in play do not count even if you know what the attributes of the site are.
>In the organisation-phase before I went to Rhosgobel I revealed the
>Stage-resource An Untimely Brood, which requires a Protected Wizard-haven.
>My fellow-players told me I could not do this, because I didn't have (i.e.
>revealed) one yet. In my opinion everybody knew from the start that Radagast
>has a protected Wizard-haven, so I could slap down cards needing this any
>time I liked.

I would say that if the Fallen-wizard Rhosgobel site is in play, then
Radagast could play An Untimely Brood. It says right on Rhosgobel that
it is a protected Wizardhaven. If Rhosgobel is not in play, it does
not count for Radagast having a protected Wizardhaven.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:14 pm This conflicts with ICE's statements on that the attributes of a site not in play do not count even if you know what the attributes of the site are.
No.
This topic is about of determining a presence of a site (of given type) in game, not just in play.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:28 pm
CDavis7M wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:14 pm This conflicts with ICE's statements on that the attributes of a site not in play do not count even if you know what the attributes of the site are.
No.
This topic is about of determining a presence of a site (of given type) in game, not just in play.
ICE's ruling generally states that the attributes of a site in the location deck do not count, the site needs to be in play in order to count. The site-type of a site is an attribute of that site. Accordingly, there is no need to determine a presence of a site (of a given type) in the game since it doesn't count.
Theo

This reference does not match your interpretation:
ICE Rules Digest 110 wrote:The minion versions of hero Havens always count as Havens for agents. They don't become Havens when the hero version is occupied.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

You are missing (or just not accepting) my point.
My point is that some texts check for presence of a site (of given type) in game.

An Untimely Brood checks whether player has a protected Wizardhaven. If the player merely has a protected Wizardhaven card in Location Deck, he does not have a protected Wizardhaven.

Trouble on All Borders does not rely on presence of site (where target faction is playable) in play. If played on Orcs of Moria, it affects companies moving through Redhorn Gate and/or adjacent regions, whether Moria is in play or not. It would not affect companies moving through Redhorn Gate and/or adjacent regions if Moria would not be present in game, and/or if Orcs of Moria would not be playable at Moria.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”