News of the Shire

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

News of the Shire wrote:Playable during the site phase on an untapped character at Bag End. Tap the character. No marshalling points are received until this card is stored at Barad-dûr during his organization phase. Only the first News of the Shire stored is worth 3 marshalling points, all others are only worth 1 marshalling point each. If stored, The Shire becomes a Border-land [-me_bl-] , and Bag End becomes a Border-hold [-me_bh-].
CRF, Rulings by Term, Site wrote:[..]

Hero events cannot target or affect minion sites, and vice versa. News of the Shire is
an exception.
To reflect the intention expressed in "CRF, Rulings by Term, Site" I propose the following erratum:

Playable during the site phase on an untapped character at Bag End. Tap the character. No marshalling points are received until this card is stored at Barad-dûr during his organization phase. Only the first News of the Shire stored is worth 3 marshalling points, all others are only worth 1 marshalling point each. If stored, The Shire becomes a Border-land [-me_bl-] , and all versions of Bag End become a Border-hold [-me_bh-].
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

I think it makes sense to incorporate the CRF into a particular card when that card is an exception to some rule. Presumably "all versions" was intended?
CDavis7M

The original post failed to mention the CRF Rulings on News of the Shire
CRF wrote:News of the Shire
Affects all versions of Bag End.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”