Hide in Dark Places

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

I propose the following erratum be issued for this card (bold mine):

HIDE IN DARK PLACES
Scout only. Playable during the organization phase on a scout whose company will not move. All hazard creature attacks
against the scoutʹs company this turn are canceled.

Discused here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2937

Because moving/not moving state is only defined during M/H phase.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I would put it as:

Scout only. Playable during the organization phase on a scout whose company has not declared a new site. Company may not declare a new site. All hazard creature attacks against the scoutʹs company this turn are canceled.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Yes, that's better worded, thanks :)
CDavis7M

Jose-san wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:54 am Because moving/not moving state is only defined during M/H phase.
As mentioned in the Hidden Ways post, this is not necessarily true. The rules already describe a company as being a "moving company" before the company "is moving."
6·MOVEMENT

At the beginning of its movement/hazard phase, a moving company's current site card becomes its site of origin-the company is considered to be en route to its new site card (i.e., the company is moving).
The "moving company's current site becomes its site of origin." The company is already a "moving company" before their current site card becomes their site of origin, before "the company is moving." This could be worded better but it's still right there in the rules on Movement.

So, if a company does not have a new site to become their site of origin, clearly they are a "company that is not moving." There really is no confusion on Hide in Dark Places since it is played during the organization phase.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”