CoE Session 2011-13: Welcome & Vice-chair

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Greetings to all Council members, and special welcome to our new members

We have been chosen by the active community of meccg players to serve the game's interests in its diverse shapes: to assure the joy of playing meccg, and to share this joy with as many players as possible.

Truth be told, our mandate is pretty slim (again). Only 17 people have taken the effort to vote, sadly. We can almost say that we voted ourselves in the Council. This can mean a number of things. Indifference perhaps towards the Council, that has not had great impact on the game so far. Or, confidence that the Council will take right decisions no matter what. Let's assume the latter and take heart. We do represent a great part of the very active community after all, and that is a big plus.

Apart from the few votes cast, we can also nearly have council meetings in German! The germanic speaking tribes have always contributed most warriors to the meccg battlefields, but still it is a pity that we can't boost more diversity and represent different national communities. No Americans, no Spanish players, no Polish nor French, is that just coincidence or is there something else at work?

For all these reasons and to assure most support for whatever decisions the Council makes, it is important that we keep our eyes and ears open, to inform ourselves of things going on in the community, and to actively represent the Council whenever we meet other players, whether in real life events or online.

On to the order of business.
:arrow: First order has always been to elect a Vice-chair from our midst. I would use this thread to do this. Simply state who you would nominate (and thus vote for) or whose nomination you second. I nominate Wolfgang, as he is simply most experienced.

:arrow: Second. The community must vote on the New Charter proposal. It was approved by the previous session, but as any constitutional reform demands, it must be approved of by the newly elected Council as well. I will not hold a formal vote for this because I assume it's a formality, as I have not seen any active campaigning against it and half of last session is in the current session. If any Council member thinks we should not put the charter up for vote, please speak up in the appropriate thread.

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... 6&start=30

If not more than 4 members are against it, I will organize the Charter poll/vote on this board shortly. Must brood on where exactly as I think non-members cannot vote at this section (as well they shouldn't).

:arrow: Third. Same as we did last session, I would like to propose for each of the Council projects to have one or two members take initiative as project leaders, so that they direct their special attentions towards it and inform the Council when needed. I will open a new thread for this.

:arrow: Fourth. If and when the new charter is approved, we must set up a first experiment for a Council approved erratum. We have the erratum section of the forum for this, any suggestions for our first Erratum Proposal will be welcome. As we now have the NetRep in our midst, rulesknowledge and authority should not be lacking, and I suspect he will have an idea or two as well for such a proposal.

ok, that's it, may we decide with courage and rule with wisdom, or vice versa
and may we all be granted access to this board section :)

cheers
Eric

CoE members session 2011-2013:

Marcos Caceres (a.k.a. marcos)
Eric Dane (a.k.a. Thorsten the Traveller, aka Adanedhel) -- chairman
Karsten Gerland (a.k.a Shapeshifter, aka Beorning)
Dominic Kempf (a.k.a. domse)
Christian Jentgens
Wolfgang Penetsdorfer (a.k.a thorondor)
Christoph Schuermann
Mikko Vihtemäki (a.k.a miguel)
Nicolai Willinek (a.k.a Vastor Peredhil)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I second Wolfgang as vice chairman ;)
marcos
Council Member

me too
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Christophe and Christian, which are your usernames on this board? You haven't set your real names and I'd like to add you to the CoE section.
Domse you are added.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I second Wolfgang.
domse
Ex Council Member

cool, now that I can post here, I second Wolfgang too of course!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Christophe and Christian, which are your usernames on this board? You haven't set your real names and I'd like to add you to the CoE section.
Domse you are added.
thats Khamul the Easterling (Christoph) and Aragorn (Christian) - i already added them, and mikko as well.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i havent been at home much recently, and i will be away for another 2 weeks tomorrow.
but not without posting a few lines here before.

thanks for nominating me as vice.
little warning: till june 2012 i will kept very busy (then finally some relief!).
New Charter proposal
still okay for me. lets start as soon as possible. i suggest to have a simple voting here on the COE board in the general section. and for that we should be sending out a message to all COE board members (in addition to the usual newsletter).
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

My vote, too, goes for Wolfgang.

Thanks for adding me to the CoE group, now it works :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Ok that's 6 votes for Wolfgang (7 if he agrees :-)), so we have a vice-chairman.
Some CoE members did not vote, I urge you to do so in the future, as an aye or nay takes about 10 seconds...

Return to “Council Business - Agenda Items”