[motion, passed] Calendar

I move that CoE maintain a calendar of national and international tournaments. This calendar shall be available on our website.

Poll ended at Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:43 pm

Yea
100%
Nay
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 8
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

7 yeas, 0 nays -- I think that's sufficient for a minor item like this. I'm going to declare this motion passed. :D

Sergio & Josh: I think you two are the most expert with this item; can you two email or PM each other to figure out how to create this calendar?
http://www.alfanos.org
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I'll try to get a calendar mod added this weekend. Then we can work on adding events and such.
Earendil

If you wish, Josh, I can help you or, even better, I can ask to my brother to contact you, if you have some difficulties.
He is the web designer of my site and knows very well about those calendars.

But it should definitely be easy... I didn't get any difficulty. Just download the mod pack from phpBB and set it.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Sergio: it seems Josh is busy. Can you take care of this with your brother's help?
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one! I'll be out of town for the next week, but will get the calendar mod added after that.
Earendil

OK. But, if you encounter any problem, just let me know and I'll ask help to my brother, right? Just let me know ;)
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

The calandar module has been added...or at least the calendar module I found on the phpBB website. After setting it up, I'm not sure if this is the one I was thinking of before, but I think it will work. To add events, start a new topic and you can add an event that way. I'm not sure who has permissions to do calendar events...I'll try to set it so we all can.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Okay, I created a Calendar section inside of the Public Stuff forum. Also, I set the permissions so that anyone can add events in that forum. This will let anyone, even non-CoE members, post their events. We can prune out anything that goes in there that shouldn't be in there, and since only forum members can post in the forum there, it shouldn't be a problem.

So go ahead and add any events you know about in there!
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Great, thanks Josh!

(Note: I just added Worlds and North American Championships.)

(Note2: I made a small admin change so that ANYONE can post in the calendar section; it was set so that only registered users could. This is what we want, right? If you want to see what the site looks like to a non-registered person, just sign out and see which forums you can look at and which you can't.)
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

I was just wondering if Christian Jentgens has been invited to join this forum. The Nationals in Switzerland will be soon and I guess he would like to add this to the calendar.

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I emailed him about this site a month ago; he still hasn't joined... :(
Earendil

He is very busy and works in a foreign country AFAIK (meaning he works here in Italy :wink: :wink: Great Christian).

Maybe he needs some spare time.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”