[motion, passed] Calendar

I move that CoE maintain a calendar of national and international tournaments. This calendar shall be available on our website.

Poll ended at Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:43 pm

Yea
100%
Nay
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 8
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Wolfgang suggested that we should have a calendar announcing major meccg events around the world (mostly national championships, I guess?). Let's discuss this and then get a definite proposal on the table.
Last edited by zarathustra on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I agree, a calendar would be a really cool thing to have. Google has recently put their calendar program into beta, so we could set up a calendar there and make it public so anyone can view it. Then just link it off of the CoE site and we're good to go.
Earendil

There is also the possibility to put a calendar inside the forum. You can see an example in our forum (http://www.meccg.it/forum). You'll have a section of the forum in which everybody can put on-line an event date, and it will be added to a calendar. Note that the output (the calendar itself) can be positioned even in the homepage or wherever you want, not only in the forum directory.
Last edited by Earendil on Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Cool! I like that idea better. It keeps it all on our site, which is better than forwarding elsewhere. It must be a mod for phpBB, but should be easy to add.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I like Sergio's idea too. Do we have the technical capacity to do it?
http://www.alfanos.org
Earendil

jhunholz wrote:Cool! I like that idea better. It keeps it all on our site, which is better than forwarding elsewhere. It must be a mod for phpBB, but should be easy to add.
Yes, it is both... a mod for phpBB AND easy to add :wink: :wink: :wink:
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

In that case, can we get a motion here?
Earendil

Well, if a motion is needed, I do this motion.

Let's have a calendar :wink:
Last edited by Earendil on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

As chair, I feel I ought to step up to my bully pulpit for a second. I think that in order to have a motion, we ought to know exactly what the motion is for. This one, for example, is rather ambiguous. Perhaps it would be better to reword it as:
I move that CoE maintain a calendar of national and international tournaments. This calendar shall be available on our website.
By making explicit what exactly the motion is for, we are able to see what we're voting on (provided that someone seconds the motion). For example, someone might want to ammend this motion so that our calendar also lists any local tournaments that people report to CoE....

Sergio: can you edit your post so that we know exactly what your motion is for? :D
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

hehe, i have been quicker than sergio ;-) and it was "my" topic anyway ;-)))
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Heheheh...

OK, any seconds?
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Second.

This will also give the COE a bit of "clout", I think, as the national councils see that we even care enough to post their events.

Is the council of Lorien site active at all? It would be nice to have local american tourneys posted there.

Frodo
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

Second.

I think this is a pretty good idea!

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
Earendil

Gosh! My first motion and I had a legal bug :lol: :lol: :lol:

I vote AYE AYE.

(I suggest that any site -like meccg.net or national councils- could have the possibility to link the calendar output, if they wish, so that they can show on their pages the events we put on-line here).
tharasix
Ex NetRep

Frodo wrote:Is the council of Lorien site active at all? It would be nice to have local american tourneys posted there.
It is and they are, as long as i hear about them. I guess I forgot about the latest Princeton one.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”