50%
i naysay
10%
i abstain
40%

Total votes: 10
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

in order to realize some promotional projects of the COE such as advertising stuff and prize support, some budget is needed.
while it is fine to receive some donations, the COE will also charge a fee for taking part in COE approved tournaments/events.

the following events will be COE approved:
- World and European Championships
- National Championships of recognized Councils
- special events like Lure of MECCG, Nordic Cup, ... (given the organizer agrees)

the charged fee is 1$ or 1€ per participant of such an event.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Looks like this passes. Even with the last vote going to abstain or no, there's still 5 in favor of it.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Yes, though I'd like to wait for the 9th member to vote, since it is such a close matter.

Who is it? Sergio? He seems to be the most absent member nowadays...

To those who voted no or abstained: I wish you had registered your worries during the very long discussion period on this issue, rather than remaining tacit and then not voting for the measure. If there are reasons not to accept it, I'm sure we'd all like to know what they are.
http://www.alfanos.org
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

zarathustra wrote: To those who voted no or abstained: I wish you had registered your worries during the very long discussion period on this issue, rather than remaining tacit and then not voting for the measure. If there are reasons not to accept it, I'm sure we'd all like to know what they are.
I'm the one who voted no, and I did post during the discussion that I wasn't in favor of the idea of a mandatory fee at tournaments. If it's an optional thing (the organizer can decide if he wants the prize support from the CoE or not, and the $1 fee to go with it), then I'm in favor of that. But I just don't like it being mandatory. Anyway, that's a summary of what I wrote in the discussion thread.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

OK, I see.

I guess I thought we had resolved that, by making the fee mandatory only at the biggest of tourneys, i.e., ones where there's a sizeable fee anyway, so +$1 wouldn't be a burden.
Tegarend

jhunholz wrote:
zarathustra wrote: To those who voted no or abstained: I wish you had registered your worries during the very long discussion period on this issue, rather than remaining tacit and then not voting for the measure. If there are reasons not to accept it, I'm sure we'd all like to know what they are.
I'm the one who voted no, and I did post during the discussion that I wasn't in favor of the idea of a mandatory fee at tournaments. If it's an optional thing (the organizer can decide if he wants the prize support from the CoE or not, and the $1 fee to go with it), then I'm in favor of that. But I just don't like it being mandatory. Anyway, that's a summary of what I wrote in the discussion thread.
I abstained for this reason. Especially as I don't ask fees for my tournaments and I have bad experiences with the SWCCGPC's mandatory fees.
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

I had to abstain for the same reason. I personally don't like that CoE forces people to pay for I know that some players are not really fond of CoE and that some even don't know what we are doing. Of course there are also advantages as mentioned by the other members but they do not convince me to say YES to this motion.

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
Manuel
Council Chairman

Hmmm, am I supposed to be able to vote? :/
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i don´t think so, it´s for elected COE memebers only.
and you should´t read the newsletter-quiz thread neither ;-)
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

@zara: i have seen the public posting of the "COE takes a fee ..." motion. maybe it should be mentioned, that this is not a mandatory fee at all means for natioanls championships; only when the national council wants some prize support from the COE and thus wants their national tourney COE approved.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Got it.
Earendil

I abstained for the same reason: optional is good, mandatory no.

Sorry again for the absence.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

10 votes?...

Hahahahaha....

Either this forum is buggy or we need to start making it impossible for non-members to vote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This raises the question, however: what did the extra vote go to? If it was a yes vote, then this motion failed.

Whoever registered the extra vote, please PM me with the vote you cast so that I can verify whether this motion actually passed.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

The extra vote was an abstention, so this motion does in fact pass.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”