Agenda items for COE session 07/08

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

it has been very silent among the COE in this session till now. while i am sure mark and joe did a lot preparing for worlds (mostly in the background), our new fellows in the COE may get the impression, that we are a lazy bunch of people.
i have been VERY busy last year and so i couldn´t afford that much time for MECCG business as i would have liked. now things start to become normal again here, and i am ready and willing to do something.
so i´d like us to set up a list of agenda items. i am startingthis list, please continue and fill up:

- Worlds 07: already best cared for by mark&joe
- EC 07
- COE constitution
- global players list: nice thing, but not very useful right now
- status of MECCG: at several places discussions have started about the possibility of making MECCG an active game once more. at least we can inform, how the situation is.
- prizes for tourneys: this has been started, but i thiknk there is still a lot to do. also there already is some money in the COE treasury, so now we should start to think about something to use this money for
- ???

i didn´t list any of the ongoing projects.
now is there anything else you would like to have on this list??
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

EC 07: Any news from spain?

Constitution: We have a draft, but it needs a lot of work. I may try another rewrite in August.

GPL: It is now possible to send a mass mailing to every member of the GPL. Unfortunately we didnt quite have this ability yet when we released the last newsletter, but it will certainly be used for future announcements and calls for comments/votes, etc.

Status: haggling with Tolkien Enterprises is not exactly my cup of tea.... Does anyone have $$$$$$$ to burn? ;)

Prizes: I'm going to have an overabundance of prizes at Worlds. I'll probably send some of them to the next worlds organizer. I was thinking recently that we might get the CoL wizard's ring copied. If we got a lot of copies made (more than 100 probably), we could get them for about $5/ring.

New Item: Status of the MECCG in the USA. After a disappointing turnout for North American Championships and a disappointing domestic turnout for Worlds 2007, I fear MECCG may be dead in the USA. Perhaps it would be wise not to host Worlds here any more.... :(
http://www.alfanos.org
Manuel
Council Chairman

Right now I'm: moving away from my parents house, starting to work in a new job AND trying to arrange the next LP of my band (which means lots of rehearsals, meetings with the discographic company, manager, productor, etc) so sorry I haven't had time for anything except making clear that spanish players are very interested in making EC 07 here.

After all the storm has passed, I will start to make phone calls and arrange all the details. I'll keep you informed :)

Cheers.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I am partially doin the same thing as Manuel, aka move away from mom and dad to live together, so I will be sometimes less present in responding.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I want to second Mark's push for an item: how to get new players into the game, and keep the players we already have.

In fact, other than streamlining the rules (which goes hand-in-hand with this) I would argue that this issue should assume FIRST PRIORITY.

I have some ideas and musings on the topic, which I'll post after Worlds.

Frodo
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Frodo wrote:I want to second Mark's push for an item: how to get new players into the game, and keep the players we already have.

In fact, other than streamlining the rules (which goes hand-in-hand with this) I would argue that this issue should assume FIRST PRIORITY.

I have some ideas and musings on the topic, which I'll post after Worlds.

Frodo
i think we will be able to discuss this matter a little bit during worlds.
i don´t think MECCG is dead in the US, it just needs some poking the embers ...

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”