NetRep Resignation

tharasix
Ex NetRep

After serving 4.5 years as the CoE NetRep, I've decided to move on. Charles Bouldin questioned my sanity when I took the job, given my other responsibilities, and I managed to hold it longer than any other NetRep since the game was first produced (I think). I now realize that I have no real desire to hold the position any longer, and I think my poor performance as of late only makes that clear.

I plan on continuing to be the CoL head for a long while. Running tournaments is fun. Rules minutae has ceased to be fun. I will, however, stay on the NetRep team in an advisory role as long as I am welcome.

Lastly, I would like to put in a recommendation for my replacement. Mark Alfano has been a member of the NetRep team for a while now. He has proven to be intelligent, thorough and energetic in these duties. I feel that he would be the best successor for this position. I have emailed him privately and he is willing to take the job. If this the Council is willing, I'd suggest putting a motion forth to make Mark Alfano the new NetRep, effective immediately.

Chad Martin
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

hej chad, thanks a lot for doing a superb job for such a long time. also it´s great that you do not just stop with it, but also care for future.
of course mark alfano is a great choice.
so being the head of the COE and the Netrep he combines both executive and legislative powers in one person. a dictatorship awaits us!
... and i welcome it very much ;-)
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Chad, thanks for all the time you've put in! And I am glad you're willing to stay on as part of the team. I agree that Mark is very well suited for the position of NetRep. Do we need more discussion on this? If not, I make a motion that the CoE accept Chad's resignation and appoint Mark as the New Netrep in his place. The community really won't notice any change, since they're both on the Netrep team anyway. It will just be a changing of hats. :)
charles jenkins
Ex Council Member

Thank you, Chad, for the effort you've put into meccg over the long haul.

I second the motion to appoint Mark Alfano as the next NetRep.

Charles Jenkins
"I say to you againe, doe not call up Any you cannot put downe"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Thank you, Chad, from all of us, for your years of tireless work. You've been one of the greatest and most stable supports of the meccg-community for some time now, and I'm sure we all understand that you're growing weary.

I hope that I can sustain as long and respectable a career as netrep as you.

It would be good if everyone weighed in on this matter. So far, only 3 of the voting members (other than myself) have posted, and not one of the non-voting members (other than Chad) has posted. Let's hear any comments, questions, or objections before people start voting.
http://www.alfanos.org
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Chad, you were QUITE amazing. Pat yourself on the back!

I think Mark should be the Netrep too, as he obviously has extensive rules knowledge and is running the Judge Certification, etc. I would support this move. My only concern woul dbe that Mark is doing so much already, but perhaps since he has involved himself on the Rules Team anyway being hte NetRep wouldn't be too huge.

Frodo
miguel
Ex NetRep

Indeed a big thanks to Chad is in order.

THANKS CHAD! :D

As for his replacement, I think Mark is the obvious choice here.
Sfan
Ex Council Member

Thank you for all the work you have done all the time in the background. Unnoticed by most you did a great job, Chad. It is very honorable that you still want to assist the Netrep team with your knowledge.

I feel that Mark is the right choice. Does this suit fit him? ;)

Stefan
Jambo

Yep, agree with those above. A massive thanks to Chad, and a yes to Mark. :)

Hopefully, if installed as the new NetRep, Mark will get a chance to resolve all those currently unresolved threads over at meccg.net. ;)
tharasix
Ex NetRep

OK, since 5 council members that aren't Mark have chimed in with their approval, I will mention this to the NetRep team as a done deal. I will not announce the changeover until the formalities are finished for the motion.

Thanks to everybody for the words of support. It's good to know that my efforts are appreciated.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Oh good now I can just call the NetRep to pester him ;)
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I suggest we set a deadline for this vote: 1 week from today, 23 October. 5 of 8 eligible voting members have approved, but it would be good to get the other three to weigh in (you know who you are, *cough cough*).
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

Of course I agree with what was said above: Chad, thanks a lot for all your work and the time you spent for NetRep! I support the idea that Mark will continue that job, he certainly is an excellent choice.

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
Tegarend

Chad - thanks for always doing a great job. You've been netrep for my whole MECCG carreer :).

And Mark has my full support as new Netrep.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Chad how would you like this announced? Do you want to write the next digest and include a farewell in it? Do you want to co-author a digest with me? A valediction alone?...

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”