some feedback from the MECCG community

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i was getting a lot of emials in the last weeks, thanks to our efforts of revitalizing the players. now i´d like to share and discuss a few thoughts with you:

1) people are concerned about publishing their email. we should make clear how this will happen.
my proposal would be, that only the list of the names + location is public. if you want to get another ones email address, you have to be a registered person at the COE. registration has to be confirmed personally by one of us.

2) some told me, that we should not only focus on old players, but also try to get som enew ones.
actually i think, that we haven´t ever forgotten about this, but good ideas of how this is best achieved are rare ...

3) people are looking for persons they can contact in their region.
i think it would be fine to establish a network of veteran players, who would be ready to help a newbie if needed, and who would also be ready to run a toruney, if there are enough players.
those veterans will be marked as such in the players list.
also what about this: CH-decks are very cheap and easy to get right now. so let´s make sure, that every veteran player is equipped with a complete CH deck display. this could also help some newbies, since starting the game with CH decks is probably the best way.
and fianlly this should help to recruit some players for the network.
we can think of raising some fund for this. for example: at big international (COE sanctioned?) events 0,50$ per player are taken and given to this fund.

it has been getting silent here the last weeks. so i hope there will be some discussing now!!!
Earendil

This is a post in meccg.net (I put it here since Wolfgang won't be able to see it - it's in the "Helping the community" forum which is readable only if you are logged on):
Baduila wrote:I saw in Wolfgang's newsletter something about the CoE compiling a Global Players & Traders Directory. I think this is an excellent idea but there was no link to where to send the requested details.

Any one know who is compiling this and how to contact them ??
and, BTW, this is the "answer" of our beloved meccg.net leader:
gwaihir wrote:We have one here, has been there for many years already: http://www.meccg.net/trading/ , 'player list' (on top, 2nd button from the right).
I will not write any comment about the latter.

The point is: we have a good feedback about the list, but the people are a little bit confused because a web reference is lacking.
I post here my answer at that topic and then a few proposals.
Earendil wrote:The list is being compiled from the CoE and it is being started in order to:
- Provide useful infos to the players about the other players in their geographical area - to allow them meeting and playing;
- Provide infos to rising council leaders in the various countries;
- Check the list frequently to keep it updated;
- Send a CoE newsletter to the members (if they like).

The job is stopped at the moment, due to the period (it's summer, and there are also a lot of tournaments here and there - including Worlds), but you can easily send the infos with a PM to me, Thrain II, Zhara or any other CoE member or an e-mail to Wolfgang. Actually, we just tuned the requested data with a beta version of the list, preparing the correct form and asking to a first pool of 150 players (in no particular order or choiche).

You can also use the url www.councilofelrond.org/forum

In fall, a dedicated web page will be released, with the form to give the data.
Proposals:
- I will prepare a simple web page in which anyone can be redirected to (1) see infos about the list, (2) voluntarily compile the form with their data, (3) get the list of players of their area (as Wolfgang told in his post - w/o publishing the e-mail of the people). I will show it to you and then we will see if we can put it on-line.
- Meanwhile, I suggest to open in the public stuff section a thread about the list with some e-mail addresses or just a redirection to our profiles for a PM to allow the people contact us.
- I think, about this, that could be useful to put a link from our www.councilofelrond.org home page to www.councilofelrond.org/forum. There isn't actually (as I already told here: http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21) and most people that arrive to our web page do not even know that there is a forum to look at.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

All of this sounds perfect, Sergio. But are you capable of doing the programming for this? Perhaps our webmaster could help... ;)
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”