Let's have an election

Do you approve of the election announcement in this thread?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 8
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

To publish to our general forum, meccg.net, national councils' forums, and the email list:
The CoE holds annual elections in March. We want to invite all members of the community to consider candidacy for the CoE. As a member of the 9-person council, you will have the responsibility to:
(1) Represent the interests of players like you (i.e., from your country, your region, your game-play style, etc.),
(2) Work on the draft of a possible new constitution for the CoE,
(3) Support active and nascent national councils,
(4) Bring your fresh and innovative ideas to the game, and
(5) Maintain and further develop the COE projects and tasks like JCP, NetRep, Worlds and EC, MECCG Promotion, COE newsletter, players & traders directory, UEP, virtual cards, etc.

Contact the registrar, Chad Martin, if you are interested in running. Time commitments are about 1-3 hours per week.

Second this motion?
Last edited by zarathustra on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.alfanos.org
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I second it!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

agreed!

maybe add something like:
maintaining and further developing of all the COE projects and tasks like JCP, NetRep, Worlds and EC, MECCG Promotion, COE newsletter, players&traders directory, UEP, virtual cards (did i orget something?)
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Amendment deemed friendly :D
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Can I ask what's wrong with the motion? Someone voted against it....
charles jenkins
Ex Council Member

I cast the lone dissent. I spoke with Mark about this privately recently.

The reasons I disagreed were:

1. I do not support UEP's. You already know this. I can't accept various "unofficial" changes to the game that serve (IMO) to pander to pet likes and dislikes that additionally are "accepted" based upon a very small vote total. I know that many other players share my
opinion. There also seems to be momentum attached to such projects that could make UEPs a self-fulfilling prophecy. Over-reaction on my part? Maybe, but that's how I feel. Therefore, I do not support UEP's (as currently developed and accepted) as part of the CoE agenda.

2. The virtual card project seemed, to me, to be more of a pet project
brainstormed by those involved rather than a CoE project, per se. That doesn't mean that the effort lacks value, etc.

Overall, I think that announcement item (5) is more of an "opportunity" to be involved in the quoted activities, rather than given involvement.

Respectfully yours.
"I say to you againe, doe not call up Any you cannot put downe"

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”