Agenda Item 2009/10: trading community

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

one of the most urgent things right now is the loss of a trading platform for MECCG. chris cable and his once wonderful site seems lost to us ...

so i really recommend to install a trading section in the COE forum. i know that Ted Badiuk is very interested in managing this.
this can be done like in the spanish forum. look here:
http://www.meccg.es/foro/viewforum.php? ... 734c65544d

anything we need to discuss here??
Nknma
Ex Council Member

Good idea. What kind of rules were you thinking for the section? Trading only or is selling ok as well? One topic only for each user which contains both have and want list? I suggest a sticky feedback topic where people can post references based on trades they make here. Someone (Ted?) could then update a reference list on the first post of that topic.
marcos
Council Member

thorondor wrote:one of the most urgent things right now is the loss of a trading platform for MECCG. chris cable and his once wonderful site seems lost to us ...

so i really recommend to install a trading section in the COE forum. i know that Ted Badiuk is very interested in managing this.
this can be done like in the spanish forum. look here:
http://www.meccg.es/foro/viewforum.php? ... 734c65544d

anything we need to discuss here??
aye!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I tried to dig a bit in past posts, to see what objections there were against running a trading/selling section at this board. I couldn't find any such post, and as I understand it, original idea was in fact to get Chris Cable's site over here....can any of you longer involved elaborate on the reasons for not starting up a trading section here?

Personally I don't think it is important for the CoE board to be as formal and independant as the function of CoE dictates, this board is for the broad meccg community, as far as I'm concerned they can even post sales lists here, just not links to all sorts of ebay pages etc, then you really run the risk of becoming an advertisement board.

If run properly, with some decent rules and moderation, I'm all for it. And since Ted Badiuk has indeed shown insterest in managing this, I'm sure he has some ideas about how to do this. So Wolfgang can you contact him?

nb. is there really still a large interest in trading activity though?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nknma
Ex Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: nb. is there really still a large interest in trading activity though?
I believe yes. At least I'd like to perfect my collection little by little and I think I have seen the trade cards of the regular finnish tournament players just few too many times.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Anyone working on this? I believe it is a great idea.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
marcos
Council Member

someone should contact with Ted Badiuk to get this thing started. Maybe he is already working on it?
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i can contact ted.
wanted to do it anyway, just wanted to wait for some more opinions. but i guess its clear, that we want to have something.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”