[v] Knowledge of the Enemy / Double Dealing

Jambo

I think this is a really cool idea:

Knowledge of the Enemy (3) V:
Permanent-event
Playable during the site phase on a lone Man character at Carn Dum, Dol Guldur or Minas Morgul if your opponent is a Ringwraith or Sauron, or Moria if your opponent is the Balrog. Discard all cards played with this character and this character no longer gives any MPs or requires GI to control. Character becomes an agent: any attack against a minion company attacks normally and hazard events that require an agent can be played. Rotate this card 90° each time you attack a minion company or successfully influence a minion resource. This card gives 1 MP each time it is rotated to a maximum of 3. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.

Double Dealing (3) V:
Permanent-event
Playable during the site phase on a lone Man, Orc or Troll character at Carn Dum, Dol Guldur or Minas Morgul if your opponent is a Ringwraith or Sauron, or Moria if your opponent is the Balrog. Discard all cards played with this character and this character no longer gives any MPs or requires GI to control. Character becomes an agent: any attack against a minion company attacks normally and hazard events that require an agent can be played. Rotate this card 90° each time you attack a minion company or successfully influence a minion resource. This card gives 1 MP each time it is rotated to a maximum of 3. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.
Last edited by Jambo on Sat May 17, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nerdmeetsyou

I'm not sure if you want to waste a good character and his marsheling on this card.... just to have maybe a good attack..
Jambo

Why not use a crap Man character worth no MPs which has a high body value? Or one with DI? Each attack whether you wound or not gives a MP.

Or use a good man character if you want to try to kill minions. As an agent they'd no longer count against your GI, so they can be replaced.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

this card really shines for fallen aligments, us hame to kill of the wormtongue you didn't get in the draft,

or use your bergond to kill some guys at minas tirith with chill them
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Wow! Now this is what I call virtualizing, people! I'm impressed.

Actually I was thinking about doing something about agent-effects on minions as well, I really like agent play, I don't understand why most people don't, it's the essence of the game for me. But this really shines!

Why not extend this to orc/trolls Jambo? Badbeards sending a spy over to infiltrate in Sauron's domain is even cooler! Baugur double spy! Maybe add an ability to characters that are already an agent, like: may take extra agent action? They're kind of experienced already in the agent business. :wink:

Should we not specify that agents can't attack/influence hero opponent? I mean otherwise it's really double standards, if even agent doesn't know who to attack/influence anymore. Besides, it's not fair to hero opponent otherwise. Of course you get no mp's, but it could still be good against heroes.

Oh man, can't wait to let Wacho 'defect' and talk the Woodmen back into Radagast-camp, he just looks evil, Sauron will not suspect anything. Only trouble of course, how to keep the orcs from shooting him before he reaches Dol Guldur?

btw Vastor, Beregond is a Dunadan, so I guess Sauron won't be deceived. Or maybe Dunedain should be added to the list as well, they were quite eager to walk over after all.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Orcs and Trolls, of course! Forgot about badbeards and them. :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Can hero resource permanent events target an Orc or Troll controlled by a FW?
Jambo

Damn, you're right Ben. Hmm, maybe there's a suitable FW stage card which could be used for this?

Edit: Added a Fallen wizard version - Double Dealing :)

Thorsten, there's no need for a clause since this card is only playable if your opponent is minion or Balrog. It's not playable against heroes or FWs.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I got ahead of myself and was thinking multiplayer games :wink: (that's what this card does to yeh). Those are the cooler games anyway.

Double dealing sounds even better, pitty it's a stage.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”