V Sudden Call

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

And a third one for hunting ringwraiths

Sudden Call V: short-event
Playable at the end of the organisation phase on a ringwraith company in Fell Rider mode. The company may move to a site in Gorgoroth, Nurn or Udun if a hero company is present there. Opponent may only play hazards keyed by name or type to the site, and the company is not considered to have a site path. This card may be taken to hand from sideboard if Morannon, Into the Smoking Cone or Fate of the Ithil Stone is in play.
Alternatively, playable on a ringwraith company in Black Rider or Heralded Lord mode: you may play Fell Rider on the company. This card may be taken from sideboard. Discard any followers, allies, and any other mode card on your ringwraith.

Theme and use are obvious. May need alternate to make it more interesting. Or maybe take from sideboard if such and such happens, for example 'You may take this card to hand from sidebord if opponent plays Morannon'. Normally if hero moves to Mount Doom it will be the last turn, so no time to respond. But hero can now go to Morannon V, and then Barad-dur (also he can play of course Fate o Ithil), so you can attack there as a final recourse! (or malady him).
Last edited by Thorsten the Traveller on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

sounds nice... but i think it won't be played much...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hence the need for an 'alternatively', or the get from sideboard clause. Any ideas?
If my opponent is running V Morannon, I'd like to be able to do anything to stop him :wink:
marcos
Council Member

maybe use some more regions, add also nurn, imlad moegul and dagorlad?
marcos
Council Member

"Alternatively, if your RW's company has any mode card in play, discard it and bring Fell rider from SB into play"

what about that? :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yeah, that would be a neat ability. Not completely thematic, but possibly very useful. Would have to figure out how that works though, because obviously some part of the Fell Rider doesn't apply (play in darkhaven during org phase), but rest still does (discard allies/followers), so maybe should mention it on sudden call.

Originally I had Nurn included, but decided no on Dagorlad/Imlad Morgul, because they are not Mordor. But Nurn on the other hand would not make much of a difference, nor would Dagorlad probably, sites there are not frequently visited.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Originally I had Nurn included, but decided no on Dagorlad/Imlad Morgul, because they are not Mordor. But Nurn on the other hand would not make much of a difference, nor would Dagorlad probably, sites there are not frequently visited.
Nurn I agree with, but Dagorlad has the Dead marches, where greaters are playable. I think that that site seems some frequent plays.

Also I think another card name should be chosen, as Sudden Call is the calling ways of a minion player, so it is in every deck anyway.

The card itself is interesting, Marcos idea of adding the Fell Rider option might be suited as an alternative.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well as far as I know, there is no reason why you couldn't include both a Sudden Call V and a regular one in the deck, you're not going to use more copies of the regular, are you? So that leaves two copies of Sudden Call V still. If you can play one directly from sideboard, there is no issue anyway. I like the title and picture, and because the card is so incredibly limited I wanted to think of another use for it.

Don't mind including Dagorlad or Imlad Morgul, but I doubt it will be more played for this reason. It was meant mainly for stopping the Mount Doom/Barad-dur minded hero, hence I focussed on those regions.

Will edit to incorporate ideas.
Nerdmeetsyou

I don't like making a V-card of such an important card of the game...

this would be like making a v-card of twillight!!!!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well you can use 3x twilight, but how are you going to use 3x sudden call? you like shuffling your cards that much? :D
Anyway, you give me an idea for the next V suggestion :D
Nerdmeetsyou

I think we shouldn't virtualize usefull cards...
or cards that are already important to the game...
so there is lesser confusement...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

just realized that vs. Morannon V Sudden Call V is probably no good, since either you have to send comp. back to Minas Tirith, or ringbearer dies (you win) or ringbearer becomes new ringlord (you lose). River doesn't work against this card, so you don't get a turn. :cry: Will Chance of Being Lost work on this card?

Return to “Showcase”