Catch An Elusive Scent V:

Jambo

Catch An Elusive Scent V:
Permanent-event
Playable on a non-Balrog Ringwraith. During the movement/hazard phase, if the Ringwraith's company is moving using starter movement, you may tap a scout or ranger and this card to move to additional site this turn. At the end of the movement/hazard phase another site card may be played and another movement/hazard phase immediately follows for that company. Discard this card if the Ringwraith is wounded or leaves active play.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'd rather see RWs make use of the movement enhancers already available, I think . . .
marcos
Council Member

i like the idea of a permanent event movement helper for active RWs other than indur (under-deeps) or dwar (region movement). It will be very handy for WK and Khamul deck, but if you think that it can become too powerful, you can make it unique. You all know the risk of the unique cards being stucked in the bottom of the deck :?
Nerdmeetsyou

I don't excactly get what this card should help you to do...???

version 1:
you go to a site... and move then back to a haven... so it didn't do anything...

Version 2:
You are at a site, move to a haven, and then move on to another site...
seams reasnable... but there is already a card that does that kind of thing...
I don't know how it's named... but there is a card that allows any company which moved with starter movement, to move another time this turn.....
marcos
Council Member

yes, there is a card like that and it's called forced march, but that one is a short event, this one is permanent event so it brings a LOT of help to active RW
Jambo

Everytime you move back to your Haven and remain at the Haven, you end up losing your mode card in the next org phase (e.g. Black Rider) and more importantly, any followers you have. Without cards that let you move again to escape the discard clause on mode cards, it means starting from scratch each time you return to a Haven and given that all RW's save Dwar have to move by starter movement, that's a lot of Haven visiting.

The Witch-king Unleashed goes some way to help this already, and Khamul Unleashed is fine in Fell Rider mode. Forced March and Leg it Double Quick are fine as they are, but as they're short events you tend to find they take up valuable deck space needed for other resources or come at the wrong time all too often..
marcos
Council Member

would be too strong to make this card playable instead of a minor item on the starting company?
Nerdmeetsyou

If the discarding of the mode card is that much of a greath problem...
why don't we make NEW mode cards that stay in play?????
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

We already have one; it's called Black Horse.

Seriously, permanent events which allow double RW movement are pretty strong. We already have something of that nature in a "full" They Ride Together.
Nerdmeetsyou

with this card... ringwraiths wouldn't have any disadvantage .... and would move nearly normal::::!!!!
Jambo

I agree. Having played a game with TRT and the Witch-king, this would be too much freedom.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

As the victim in this game I have to agree, dead after my first turn, his second (fallen-Gandalf died)

still fun though

mfg Nicolai
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:with this card... ringwraiths wouldn't have any disadvantage .... and would move nearly normal::::!!!!
the disadvantage is always that you need to move twice, and you know, elflords can hit very hard to RWs
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Elf-Lords -- but not a lot else. Make mobile RWs too powerful and all those nifty hazards we've created will never see the light of day.
marcos
Council Member

roadblock? rivers?

Return to “Showcase”