some more Wit

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Wit V - permanent event

Playable on character. May also be played in lieu of a minor item on a character in starting company. Character receives +2 to any riddling roll, flattery attempt or offering attempt, and you choose opponents character when you play The Riddle Game.
Adittionally, character may tap to cancel any spider- attack that must be faced when you play Rescue Prisoners.
May also be played as a minion resource on a character in a covert company.

Okay, here's something I tried as a UEP a long time ago, to encourage a bit more the play of Wit and of riddling, and to increase the usefulness of the flattery/offering attempt categories. I added the minion resource part, because one day minions will also be able to initiate riddling I hope, and as I understand it, they can already be the victim of Riddle Games (!?! - though of course if opponent also plays Wit V, your Wit will be useless).

I added the part about the rescue prisoners, because Rescuing can be nasty when there's animal/spider enhancers around, and this way you can even play these enhancers yourself. And thematically it makes sence, since Bilbo used his wits to delude the spiders when rescuing the dwarves.

Funny variant: Wit - playable on a character after discarding Miruvor or Potion of Prowess, or after playing Ent-draughts on character. :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”