V Narya (not too serious)

Jambo

He used it twice if I recall correctly.

Once while doing battle with Wargs when they all ended up climbing trees. and the other time to kill the Great Goblin. :)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Narya
Permanent-Event
Playable on Cirdan or Gandalf. During the organisation phase, tap Narya to search your play deck or discard pile for Wizards Fire or Wizards Flame. If on Cirdan and untapped, he may use Wizards Flame and Wizards Fire as if he were a wizard. If on Gandalf and untapped, +2 to any corruption check from Wizards Fire and Wizards Flame. Cannot be duplicated.

This is a second draft to make it also useful for Gandalf. Not sure if the corruption check modifier should be +1 or +2, and if the wording prevents original Narya to be played.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Jambo

Currently, the wording wouldn't prevent the original Narya from being played. Not that that in itself is a major issue.

However, I do see a couple of issues:

One, both Gandalf and Cirdan could have Narya V played on them at the same time.

Two, Cirdan could have Narya and Gandalf could still play the original Narya.

My suggestion would be to still have a discard clause for Narya when on Cirdan and Gandalf is subsequently played. A corruption bonus of +1 would easily suffice, and could even be too powerful with Wizard's Flame. For Wizard's Fire it could be OK.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Narya
Permanent-Event
Playable on Cirdan or Gandalf. During the organisation phase, tap Narya to search your play deck or discard pile for Wizards Fire or Wizards Flame. If on Cirdan and untapped, he may use Wizards Flame and Wizards Fire as if he were a wizard. If on Gandalf and untapped, +1 to any corruption check from Wizards Fire and Wizards Flame. Discard if on Cirdan when Gandalf comes into play (transfer instead to Gandalf if Gandalf comes into play at same site). Cannot be duplicated on table as a permanent-event.

Ideas incorporated.

Jambo

Nearly there! What would happen if opponent's Gandalf were to come into play at same site as your Cirdan bearing Narya?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

plus I still think the Fires are not Cirdan's thing, Kindling does the same thing basically, so why not use it? is it deemed not powerfull enough? it's a dwarves upon you but better.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

That's an idea Thorsten. Cirdan for Kindling, Gandalf for flame?
Nerdmeetsyou

like it too... we should make it!
domse
Ex Council Member

The Three were originally realized as non-unique short-events because when they are played, it should symbolize that the ring is used. When having a Narya-permanent-event it would make much sense to me making it unique, as only one Narya does exist. This would also solve the problem of the original Narya being played while Narya V in play...
marcos
Council Member

hey, domse! nice to see your comments here, by the way, i like your suggestion about this permanent V narya being unique
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah that's true....
keep it that way it is and just make it uniqu
marcos
Council Member

Ringbearer wrote:Narya
Permanent-Event
Playable on Cirdan or Gandalf. During the organisation phase, tap Narya to search your play deck or discard pile for Wizards Fire or Wizards Flame. If on Cirdan and untapped, he may use Wizards Flame and Wizards Fire as if he were a wizard. If on Gandalf and untapped, +1 to any corruption check from Wizards Fire and Wizards Flame. Discard if on Cirdan when Gandalf comes into play (transfer instead to Gandalf if Gandalf comes into play at same site). Cannot be duplicated on table as a permanent-event.

Ideas incorporated.
no phase requirement for it to be played, is it intentional?
Nerdmeetsyou

no.... i wouldn't say so
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Didnt think about it.

Jambo

The only trouble with 'unique' cards is they tend to be seriously unreliable as to when they turn up! If this Narya was to made unique one wouldn't then base a deck round it recycling Wizard's Flame, Wizard's Fire and or Kindling of the Spirit.

Return to “Showcase”