V Narya (not too serious)

Balin
Ex Council Member

Originally, Cirdan was Narya's bearer... why not a v-card playable on him? The current card is ok, but doesn't see much play because of its big cc modifier. We could make it less powerful but more playable.

It could be like this:

Playable on Cirdan unless Gandalf is in play as a character. +2 prowess, +1 body, +2 direct influence for the rest of the turn. If they are not wounded, untap Cirdan and any followers he controls. Cirdan makes a corruption check modified by -3.

Thoughts? :wink:

edit: this card encourages a wandering Cirdan, bonus and untapping thing don't have any sense if he is squatting at Grey Havens as usual.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
marcos
Council Member

sounds ok, but it's better to post your suggestions on the "showcase forum" so all the people can see it. If you post it on "development forum" only the team can see it ;)

still, i think the prowess booster can be a bit more powerful, just look at the original narya or vilya... their prowess booster is just awesome, i think it should be +3 prowess/+2 body / +3 DI, after all, one of cirdan's weak points is his relative low body compared with his -3 MPs if he is eliminated...
Jambo

Moved. :)

I quite like the idea iof this card. Again it also gives some worth to playing Gandalf as an opponent!
Nerdmeetsyou

I think we have two choices.
Either we make a copy of the original one playable on cirdan if gandalf is not in play.
Or we make a card that is more intresting because it is different!!!
with some strongly different effekt....
marcos
Council Member

yup, i also think that it will be nice if the effect is different from the original one
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Narya
Permanent-Event
Playable on Cirdan. Tap Narya to search your play deck or discard pile for Wizards Fire or Wizards Flame. Wizards Fire and Wizards Flame can be played on Cirdan if Narya is untapped. Discard if Gandalf is on table. Cannot be duplicated.

Here is a rough draft to make Cirdan more playable than the haven squatter he is normally.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

Nice idear..!
I like it totaly...allthough wizards flame is quiet lame with -4 corruption check!!!
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Old Narya gives -5 ;)
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

I still think that is too much...
alltough you shouldn't forget that gandalf gets +1*G*
marcos
Council Member

Ringbearer wrote:Narya
Permanent-Event
Playable on Cirdan. Tap Narya to search your play deck or discard pile for Wizards Fire or Wizards Flame. Wizards Fire and Wizards Flame can be played on Cirdan if Narya is untapped. Discard if Gandalf is on table. Cannot be duplicated.

Here is a rough draft to make Cirdan more playable than the haven squatter he is normally.
excellent one ;)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well, nice idea, but to be more precise, I would say a Kindling of the Spirit. Narya is the ring of fire, but that should be taken more in a figurative way of speech, like lighting up sparks in the hearts of people. Fireworks and other pyrotechnics was more a personal treat from Gandalf, though the ring might have aided him, I doubt it was designed by Celebrimbor for those purposes.

And to be more precise even, originally Gil-Galad was the bearer of Narya, Cirdan more or less kept it for him, he didn't use it much probably, and that's why he gave it to Gandalf.

I think a +2 prowess against an attack would be more fair also, in stead of a +2 prowess to the whole company.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Permanent-Event
like it!! :D
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe then exchange one of the cards with
Kindling the spirit!!!???
for flavour purpose...

or even And forth he hastred???
Jambo

Permanent-Event

I like this idea, but it would be nice if it could be expanded upon to also include Gandalf somehow. Then Gandalf could have a choice between using Narya as it stands, or using Narya like he did in The Hobbit.
Nerdmeetsyou

how did he use it in the hobbit?

Return to “Showcase”