[Virtual Suggestion] Darkness Under Tree and awakened plants

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Striking example, because
1) Chill them is a long-event, 2) Elf-lords are worth 3 mp, 3) there are actually even more cancellers against Elves, 4) Elf-lord is supposed to be God (Glorfindel), and even so most will agree he's overpowered, 5) Elves upon Errantry don't suck at all, 6) Elf-lord will not be keyable to single wilderness.
But all this aside, we don't pump up wolves either to 15 prowess because all cards you mention and more can be used against them...you have to look at their prowess in relation to strikes/attacks and frequency/keyability/endurance, and in this light I say they don't need prowess, just to be sure of the kill, that's absurd.

There are equal opportunities of recycling if not more for hazards then there are for resources, everybody knows that, moreover you can prevent marvels/voices being played, and if opponent blows his voices on just the booster, then a simple foolish words/lure of nature can cost him the game, if you know what I mean, that's effective too.

If you're so worried the AP's get cancelled, then perhaps a card like Black Vapour/Prowess of Age is more to your liking?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Thorsten,

We have 3 spaces for Awakened Plants cards. They're currently:

Darkness Under Tree
Long-event
All Awakened Plant attacks receive +2 prowess and 1 extra attack. A character can tap to cancel one of these attacks. Additionally, all Awakened Plant attacks with no body have 6 body. Cannot be duplicated.

Waiting Shadow or other suitable name e.g. Lost in Wilderness/Choking Shadows
Permanent-event
Playable on a non-Wizard, non-Ringwraith character facing a strike from an Awakened Plant. The strike receives +2 prowess. If the strike is defeated, discard this card. If the strike is not defeated, place creature's card with [named card] - creature is considered off to the side. The target character may not move to another site and the target character's company faces an attack from the creature at the start of each movement/hazard phase; attacker chooses defending characters. Discard associated creature's card if [named card] is discarded. Discard [named card] if attached Awakened Plant is defeated. Cannot be duplicated on a character.

Radagast the Tamer
MP: 6*
P/B: 13/9
Creature or Permanent-event
Playable: Free-domain/ Free-hold
Unique. Maia. Manifestation of Radagast. Two strikes. Detainment and -3 prowess against hero companies. Discard this card if Radagast comes into play. As a creature, may also be played keyed to Southern Mirkwood, Western Mirkwood, Woodland Realm, Heart of Mirkwood, or Rhosgobel. As a permanent-event, each player at the end of each turn may bring one awakened plant, animal or wolf creature from his discard pile to his hand. Discard when any play deck is exhausted.

Now, the best mix is up for debate - DUT could be made +1 prowess or no prowess boost and choose defending characters for example. Try to work with these three for the current set though.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Okay, just saw the discussion at the development zone, so didn't get that about the slots. On the other hand, I'd say it's more important to get the strategy right than have the right amount of slots or whatever, I can't really see why that is of such a concern, even if they come in the next set, better to design them all correctly now, even if we don't have the slots, right? I mean, to make the cards imperfect just because we only have 3 slots now and they have to be a stand alone for the moment, would be a waste.

I made my contribution and explained my view, so that's clear. As far as I know I've stuck with these cards, just with different versions. The cancel card option was just in response to Marcos. If it's to be only 3, I would prefer Huorn V, DuT V, and Nature's Revenge V, those are the more vital ones if they have to make the AP strategy survive by themselves. Joe seemed to have a liking for regenerating and chill dousering as well?
marcos
Council Member

the concern is because we want to have this set finished and we want to playtest it in an online tourney before worlds...
In my oppinion, we need the basic, a booster, a recycler and some miscelaneous effect...
Leon

I started this whole post a while back and am just looking at what happened in between. What I would love are a few boosters to make the ents decent, not terrifying. I love creature based decks like spiders, undead or even wolves and even though it is not top rank it is fun.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

ah but there's no 13/14 prowess undead, spider or wolf (keyed to just wildernessessess) that grows to supreme hights if you boost the little ones, so we have to tread more carefully here, but there are creative solutions around, wouldn't you agree? :)

Return to “Showcase”