Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Bert (Burat)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
13/-
Playable: Wilderness, Shadowland, Shadowhold
Unique, Troll, One Strike.
You may discard William and/or Tom from hand (not counting against the hazard limit) to add one strike to this attack OR to cancel any resource cancelling an attack or strike from this attack.

Tom (Tuma)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
14/-
Playable: Double Wilderness
You may discard William and/or Bert from hand (not counting against the hazard limit) to add one strike to this attack OR to cancel any resource cancelling an attack or strike from this attack.

William (Wuluag)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
12/-
Playable: Wilderness, Shadowland, Dark-Domain, Shadowhold, Darkhold
You may discard Bert and/or Tom from hand (not counting against the hazard limit) to add one strike to this attack OR to cancel any resource cancelling an attack or strike from this attack.

The idea behind this cards is that the troll now enhance each other. Alone they are a bit stronger than before (I considered them rather weak) but when you have them in pairs, they can be used to help each other. Either adding a strike, or preventing the resource player to cancel the attack.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

I don't like how it works together...
because you would always have to weight up: does my opponent have the possibliti to cancel them or not??? will I add a strike or better keeping the second one to be sure that he can't cancel...

I would make a more straight forward abilitie that encourages playing them after each other, like it was intended in the origninal design...
your version doesn't encourage it... it makes you more keeping them on hand for canceling.

My idear (which combines your idear to a more playing encouraged version):

Bert (Burat)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
12/-
+2 prowles against dwarves.
+2 prowles if played against a company that faced tom or wiliam this turn.
If your opponent cancels this attack, Tom and Wiliam gain +1 strike this turn.

Tom (Tuma)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
13/-
+2 prowles if played against a company that faced bert or wiliam this turn.
If your opponent cancels this attack, bert and Wiliam gain +1 strike this turn.

William (Wuluag)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
11/-
+2 prowles if played against a company that faced bert or wiliam this turn.
If your opponent cancels this attack, Tom and bert gain +1 strike this turn.
Nerdmeetsyou

and my second version which is more Flavourful because it images the story of hobbit:

Bert (Burat)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
13/-
If this hazard is keyed to a site and played on a company that faced already Tom or William it gains +1 strike and each character wounded by the attack is taken prisoner at the site.

Tom (Tuma)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
14/-
+2 against dwarves.
If this attack is canceled all troll attacks on this company gain +1 strike.

William (Wuluag)
Hazard Creature - Troll
1 MP
12/-
If this hazard is keyed to a site and played on a company that faced already Tom or bert it gains +1 strike and each character wounded by the attack is taken prisoner at the site.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I kinda disagree. The versions you give are rather weak. The capturing doesnt really work since (a) they're already at the site and thus a rescue is too easy.... not to mention having a captive at Lorien by example; and (b) The cards need to have a rescue attack, and then the text used would fill the card. The idea of capturing with trolls is already being done in the nice card called "Troll Purse".

My idea was to create a better teamwork ability, and chose for it not to focus on capturing, as it is done already trough other cards.

And the weighing of what card to use is part of the game. All the time, decisions have to be made. You can usually predict when playing against a deck if the deck has cancellers in it, and it is sometimes worth bluffing too. Add the extra strike, to let the opponent think you also hold the 3rd bro in your hand.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe you are right... (at least about the prisoner version)

I never considered about the bluffing option...

but still... if you have all three in your hand... the thrid one is just forced to stay in your hand in case your opponent has a cancler...
thats why I like my fist version best, where you add a strike to his brothers if his attack is canceled...
so you are pushed forward to play all three in a row!!!

and the +1 or +2 against dwarves would just be something I would love to see in case of flavour reason...
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I dont see much point in modifying these creatures. They're already quite usable.
http://www.alfanos.org
Nerdmeetsyou

I also thought they weren't that bad...
but I don't have any hazard deck where i play trolls...
so I nevere considered them... and thought:
"if he tells that they are crappie then he will be probably right, i nevr played them..."
Jambo

I kind of agree these hazards are already quite good. One Minions Stir and these guys will cause trouble.

Return to “Showcase”