(Virtual Suggestion) Ents of Fangorn

Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Ents of Fangorn
Mp (*)
Faction
Unique
Playable at Wellinghall, if the influence check is greater than 8.
Standard modifications: Hobbits (+4)
During the site phase, while a company at Wellinghall, you may place from hand one Ent Ally under this card. This ally is considered out of play. While Grond or Alliance of Free Peoples in play, this faction may only move from Fangorn to Gap of Isen.
When at Gap of Isen, during the end-of-turn phase, make a roll and add the total MP of all ent allies under this card to the roll. If the roll is > 11, place this faction in your scoring pile.
When in the scoring pile, this card may not be discarded, and it is worth 4MP plus 1 MP for every Ent Ally under it.

The idea of this card is to simulate the attack that the ents made at Fangorn. I see it more as a faction battle then a few allies going to Isengard, and thus chose to virtualise the faction. Feel free to leave comments on this one, as it is obviously subject to discussion.
Last edited by Ringbearer on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Leon

I had thought up a similar card indeed to do this with allies, since I do not like the faction battle cards. As the game is now factions give enough points without an active role and the card you suggest puts the allies in a side position. I thought there ought to be a thematic card that motivates a player to try and get everything that is playable in Wellinghall in play.
Assault on Orthanc (4MP)
Unique.
Playable only if Ents of Fangorn are in play and Saruman (H) is not. Playable during the site phase on a company containing at least 2 ent allies in Isengard. The company faces 2 attacks:
-orcs 4 strikes at 8, +1 prowess for every half-orc faction your opponent has in play
-maia 3 strikes at 13, if your opponent has the Fortress of Isen in play discard that card and initiate company versus company combat with any company in Isengard instead. this second attack cannot be canceled by either player.
Nerdmeetsyou

I'm against the faction wars theme....

but you could make this card possible even without faction batteling...
and I would like that...

somthing like a permanent event
that allows factions in regions near a FW-Fortres or some other sites to attack them in some kind...
then you would emulate this card without the faction wars...
and it wouldn't be so limited for the ents faction... (maybe you could make a bonus for the ents... like with the allys... maybe you can add to your roll +2 for each ally that's playable at a site in the factions region you have in play...???)

Return to “Showcase”