[V suggestion] Morgul Blade

Jambo

[V] Morgul Blade
Playable on your Ringwraith or a Ringwraith follower. Instead of making a body check, a non-Wizard character wounded by this Ringwraith receives this card and -1/-1 prowess/body and must make a body check each untap phase. If at a Haven, at the end of his untap phase a character with this card may attempt to remove it (but he may not untap or heal). Make a roll: if this result is greater than 4, discard this card. If a character with this card is eliminated, instead of being removed from play, place immediately under the control of your opponent's Ringwraith. The character is considered a minion, requires no DI to control, and makes his company overt. Cannot be duplicated on a Ringwraith or character.

It's a bit ragged, but I think it could be perfected with some help. :)
Last edited by Jambo on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jambo

Little tweaking: Added non-Wizard, lowered the prowess/body reduction to -1/-1 (after all the character is already wounded) and made the roll to remove >4 to match the hazard Morgul-knife.
Leon

I would refrain from giving extra effects instead of eliminating. Perhaps one of the nazgul enhancers that is not used much could take a character prisoner? I don´t have specific text in mind yet, but it could be fun.
Jambo

That would also be a neat idea Leon. With this card though, I wanted to simulate the character becoming a wraith and swapping sides. Whether it's actually possible to bend the rules in this way I'm not entirely sure yet, but it's fun to try. I guess a character falling foul of this card could be considered a Ringwraith or Ringwraith follower... or they could just form a minion company at the same site.
Nerdmeetsyou

I also would say that he forms new minion company at the same site or joins a company at the same site.
why shouldn't he need mind to be controled?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The character would require no influence to control because the lesser wraiths are under the absolute dominion of a Ringwraith:

"They tried to pierce your heart with a Morgul-knife which remains in the wound. If they had succeeded, you would have become like they are, only weaker and under their command. You would have become a wraith under the dominion of the Dark Lord . . ."

I would say that that automatic movement to be with RW's company is a mechanical necessity, otherwise, a character will be killed by CvCC with the party he just left.

Return to “Showcase”